Chapter 1: Beloved

Taylor's pov.

" I can't believe our baby is going to be eighteen soon. "

I say tearing up at the thought. Yes Faith and TJ are twins and the same age but TJ and her are different I see Faith as my baby and I see TJ as a adult.

" Me either I'm going to have to start threatening guys to stay away from her soon. "

Jake says. Yes he's that protective dad did you expect anything less?

" She wants to go to school with TJ. "

I tell him and as expected he says...

" Hell no. "

School here is only made up of supernatural creatures and in this school you learn only things that will help you in the future like combat training for wolves and how to control powers for witches, it depends mostly on your breed.

Faith is human so we have never let her go to school, scared that she would get hurt.

" As much as I hate it Jake she's growing up and we need her to be able to see the world before she's thrown into it. TJ will be there and you know how much he's like you he won't let anyone near her who's a threat. "

" Taylor she's the only human and people will try to take advantage of her."

He sighs frustrated.

" I know that but she needs to learn that too. "

I tell him.

" Arguing about school again? "

I hear Chris ask walking in.

He lives with us now and he's basically my brother. Even though Jake took care of the kids with me Chris helped too.

" Yes we're talking about sending Faith to school what do you think? "

I ask.

" I don't like it but she needs to experience the world. "

I look at Jake giving him the ' I told you so ' look.

" Then it's settled she's going to school."

I say clapping my hands together.

" I hate both of you. "

Jake says glaring at us and I roll my eyes.

" You know you love me at least. "

I tell him kissing his cheek and he smiles.

" True. "

" Guys leave your PDA until I'm out of the room I don't want to see another live porn show. "

Chris whines, Chris walked in on me and Jake making out but we were half dressed.

" You know you loved it! "

I tease.

" I was traumatized! "

Chris exaggerates.

" You would be the same way if you had a mate. "

It goes silent and I see sadness flash in Chris's eyes.

A few years ago vampires discovered that werewolves aren't the only ones who have mates. Everyone does even humans! It's just rare for humans to find theirs because their instincts aren't as heightened as ours.

Ever since vampires heard about having a mate or as they call it their
" beloved " they have been looking every where for her or him including Chris.

" I'm sorry Chris I didn't think. "

I say quietly.

" It's alright I'm just going to go to bed."

He says and walks out.

I hope he finds her someday he deserves a amazing girl.