Chapter 10

Images of Arron Yan in a pool of blood are filling my whole mind as I walked to his class, which is like two storey higher than mine. Maybe that’s why they mean by, ‘the clever got the top’. Ew, yes.

“Hebe, I can’t wait!”

I stop walking. I had forgotten, right behind me is Genie who keeps following me whenever I go as she wanted Arron’s kiss! She got the first answer first, remember?

“Oh, yeah. Whatever.” I knew I was mean, but I just don’t feel good when I thought about the kiss she’s so gonna get later. I hope Arron pushes her away and say ‘sorry, you’re not Hebe’.

Okay, that’s stupid.

She looks somehow hurt, and with a little pout and tearing eyes, I had to give in to her.

“Well, Genie. What I mean is…err…yeah, can’t wait! Can’t wait…” I quickly explained, I don’t want her go crying and pushes the blame to me.

“Here it is.” I mumbled as I reached a empty classroom. I heave a sigh of relief; they must have gone for physical education! That means Arron doesn’t have to kiss Genie now, and I hope, forever.

“Hebe, look!” Genie said and she pointed to the notice board. There were pictures of Arron Yan all over the notice board, my eyes widen. I never knew he really is THAT popular. ALL OVER, imagine your face all over the notice board, and your classmates treated you like king? Whoa!

My gaze looked around until it reached a particular small spot. There, was a picture of me and Arron Yan, I rubbed my eyes. Yes, it’s still there, I’m not seeing things. Someone had used Photoshop to make it look like I’m kissing Arron. Wait, why is it that I’m kissing him, and not the other way round? And why is it in such an isolated corner! I want my face to be seen on the notice board clearly too!

“He’s back!” Genie whispered as she brushes her hair once again and get all ready. I looked at her, before I turned to the notice board again, do I really want Arron to kiss her? Can I really accept it?

The footsteps of people walking are filling my whole ears, he’s back, he’s back!

As the people slowly walked past us, they stare at me as they go on whispering to each other. And for once, I don’t care about the unwanted attention, in my whole mind, it’s filled with guilty and…sour feeling.

“Hey, your girl!” Someone beside Arron whispered to me, before he gave me a wink and walked into the classroom. Arron looked up and he brushes his neck as he walked towards me.

So now, its like Genie, me and Arron is looking at each other awkwardly.

Arron stare at me before he turned to Genie, “Hebe, she is?”

I was about to speak until Genie interrupted, “Hi, I’m Genie! I have been your huge fan!”

Oh great. I thought she was supposed to be shy!

“Oh, hi. And thanks for your support.” Arron said, giving a bright smile which I knew Genie is crazy over with. I felt like killing Arron more, he has never smiled at me like this before! All he did is laugh at me.

Arron then turned to me, he fake his cough a little before he speaks, “So, you want to look for me?”

I looked up, as I looked to my left, I saw Genie smiling happily. To Genie, the reason why we came up here is to let Arron give her a kiss…

“Hebe?” Arron called again.

Genie nudges me a little, I knew what she means.

“Err…” I started. I do not have the courage to say it out, I can’t do it.

“I’ll say it for you.” Genie whispered; before I could stop her, she speaks already. “Hebe had promise a kiss from you, to me!”

Oh, great.

I find the atmosphere ever weirder; Arron didn’t speak, neither do I. He had that disappointed look on his face and I felt worst.

“Is this…true?” Arron asked as he examines my face. I bit my lower lip, Hebe Tien, why do you have to feel bad! After all, he deserves it right?

I nodded my face, and briefly, I could hear Arron giving a small bitter chuckle. Tears were threatening to fall. I was looking down all the way, so I could see his shoes moving towards Genie’s, and even though I didn’t wanted to, I looked up anyway.

Only to find him, kissing Genie’s cheek.

How I felt like running away, how I wished. I touch my face when I felt a tear rolled down, I had no idea why but I just felt sad. I wipe it away quickly and roughly before I force out a laugh.

Arron’s lips finally left Genie’s cheek after they heard me.

“Uh, we have to go now, we still have lessons.” I said, still forcing out a smile.

Arron nodded, he gave me one last look before he walked into the classroom.

“Hebe, we don’t have any lessons now, remember? Now is break!” Genie reminded, then she smile apologetically, “Sorry, I forgot that you and Arron is still a couple, it must have seems cruel to you, right?”

I shook my head, “I have to go find Rainie now. See you later.” I said quickly before I ran away. The tears that rolled non-stop on my cheeks now is making me felt weird, why on earth did I cry just because a person I don’t like kiss another person? Arron Yan is your enemy, remember?

The way he looked at me just now, he’s utterly disappointed, isn’t he?

-

As I step into the classroom, no one was there except Rainie who ran to me with the magazine that the girls were holding on to just now.

“Hebe, you looked gorgeous!” Rainie said, pointing to a photo in the magazine. No, it wasn’t a photo of my mouth; it was a photo of me smiling brightly.

I had misunderstood him, what a fool.

Hebe Tien, you’re a, fool.