Chapter 1

"Madison Tomas! Please come to the office!"

Most students like me would either be nervous but I'm used to it. When you have a friend like Derek Jones, you're always being sent to the principal's office. You see, Derek's the bad boy and I'm his best friend. He gets in trouble I bail him out because of that, I'm apparently one of the best liars. I wouldn't be surprised if in 20 years from now I would be bailing him out of jail. Trouble's his middle name. It's always been live that. From the day we started walking, he's gotten himself in trouble and I always bail him out. Has he repaid me? No. Will he? Maybe when pigs fly or Aliens take over the earth.

"Hello Madison," Principal H said once I entered his office. "Have a seat."

I glanced at Derek and mouthed, 'You idiot, what'd you do this time?'

'Broke into Mrs. Robin's car and put snakes in it.' Derek mouthed back.

"Derek claims he was at your house Friday afternoon at 4:30 which is that true?" Principal H asked.

"Derek was at my house but at 4:30 I think we went to the mall," I answered.

"Oh. It most of been a misunderstanding then. You two can go back to class now." Principal H said. The two of us rose and left the office.

"You need to stop doing things like that! You know how much I hate lying!" I exclaimed as we walked down the empty hall.

"Mrs. Robin is a bitch. You know she deserved it," Derek said.

"Watch your language. You know I hate it when you curse," I snapped. "Just because she's mean doesn't mean you up snakes in her car! The woman's in the hospital! How do you sleep at night knowing that you put someone in the hospital?"

"Like a baby," Derek answered. I sighed, out of frustration.

"What am I doing to do with you?" I asked.

"I'm the older one. Shouldn't I be telling you that?" Derek asked.

"We're a week a part so shut up... Plus I'm the smarter one," I said.

"Shut up little miss I'm-Going-To-Harvard," Derek said teasingly. "I'm going to be so screwed with you gone."

"Then don't get in so much trouble," I said simply.

"But that's boooooring!" Derek whined. I rolled my eyes. 

"Can you bring come over and bring Up?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Why do you love that stupid Disney movie so much?" Derek asked.

"It's an adorable story! You loved it when it first came out!" I replied.

"I never liked it. I just pointed out a few things that where cool. Like the talking dog," Derek said.

"Whatever," I said.

"Why do you even watch that movie if you always end up crying?" Derek asked.

"One time and I was on my period!" I said, crossing my arms. Derek rolled his eyes.

"Fine. I'll bring that stupid as-" I made a face causing him to pause. "-movie. If, we can play video games," Derek said.

"Only if the one of the video games is Mario Cart then you have a deal," I said,

"Okay. You ditching or going to class?" Derek asked.

"What do you think?" I questioned

"Goodbye Maddy," Derek said as he walked toward his car. I watched him walk away, just to make sure he doesn't do anything to anyone else's car. Once he drove away, I made my way back to class.