The Coming War

"One day soon I'll tell you the story of how our world ended. I'll tell you the story of the Great Machine."

- Variks, the Loyal -

The Blood Ghosts were heading for Phobos. They decided to brief on their mission.

Cerberus: Alright Guardians. There is something going on in Phobos, the Cabal signal is on all channels. So we need to know what's going on down there.

War Path: I'm so itched to fight!

Carrie: Your always ready to fight. 

Cerberus: Tootsie, I need you to stay in the ship, alright?

Rocky: I agree Cerberus, I don't want you getting killed, Tootsie.

Tootsie: Alright, Cerberus.

Cerberus: Good.

Cerberus's Ghost: Were be at Phobos in 3...2...1...now.

What Tootsie saw was beautiful. Phobos was in the clear, along with the red planet itself, realizing that Phobos was still, it didn't orbit. 

Rocky: Cerberus, why is Phobos not orbiting?

Cerberus: The Cabal's Psion Flayers were the ones who froze Phobos in orbit, using the moon as a weapon, and also as a beachhead.

Tootsie: That sounds insane.

Cerberus's Ghost: Were setting down on Phobos now.

The Blood Ghost landed near the Cabal Fleetbase Korus.

Cerberus: Alright team, lets get to work

The Guardians were taking a small trail to the base. Before they went any further a Cabal Harvester was right in front of them; it didn't attack, instead it flew away. Than they realized that the whole fleet were evacuating; dozens of Harvester, several Cabal Warships, and a Cabal Carrier, were about to take off.  

Carrie: That's strange the Cabal are evacuating?

War Path: Something got them spooked.

The team found Fleetbase Korus; it was in bad shape, a few Cabal personal were standing outside the entrance, but suddenly there was an explosion which kill them.

Cerberus's Ghost: Zavala the Cabal are evacuating with extreme prejudice. There getting torn up down here.

Cerberus realized the crashed Harvester, he used his ghost to scan it.

Cerberus: Ghost, what happened to this ship.

Cerberus's Ghost: The Cabal detonated this ship after it crashed standard procedure when there under attack. I think the last directive received was an evacuation order, but the Cabal have no word for evacuate. All ships and personal were to focused attacks on hostiles beyond Martian orbit.

War Path: Lets head in and see what going on.

The Blood Ghosts went inside the base, to find out what was going on.

Eris Morn: Something has drawn us here, I can feel it.

Zavala: Blood Ghosts, I asked Eris Morn to monitor the channel.

Eris Morn: I hear whispers in the dark.

Carrie: Wait, what's that?

A strange energy was right in front of them; Cerberus went up close to it, but it moved away.

Zavala: What the hell was that?

Eris Morn: Finger tips on the surface of my mind.

Zavala: Yes. Thank you for your input Eris.

The Guardians continued on, they saw some strange goo, and dead bodies of Cabal. They kept going only to see an elevator with one of the Cabal on it trying to get out, but it was too late, some debris pushed the elevator down just to kill the legionary. They move on to see a centurion getting pulled from something; they kept going, until they made it to a large room. When they got inside a hologram was right in front of them, the figure was a Hive.

Eris Morn: He is here!

Oryx: LIGHT! GIVE YOUR WILL TO ME!

In front of them were some Cabal Psions, but they were completely different they were black and white all over; they were shooting at the Guardians, while the team was finding some cover.

Cerberus: What are those things!?

Rocky: We should find out later. Lets kill them!

Rocky drew out his Void sword; he killed the psions but somehow they could multiple, and were surrounding Rocky; Cerberus, War Path, and Carrie, went to help him they drew out there weapons and started shooting the psions until they were no more, everything started to settle.

Eris Morn: You have saw his face. It was his hand that transformed the Cabal.

Zavala: This mission is scrubbed Blood Ghosts get to your ships and get out of there.

Carrie: You heard him, let get out.

The team found a route to the airfield, once the door opened one of those Cabal appeared but it was Phalanx, they shoot it and ran to the airfield more of those Cabal appeared, so the Blood Ghosts decided to fight there way out. They got out of the base to see the Cabal Harvesters fly away; there defense systems were activated. The team was wondering what was going on.

Rocky: What's happening?

Carrie: I got no clue what were dealing with.

Zavala: The base is a loss, we have reports of these "Taken" across the system. Go get out!

Cerberus: Lets get to our ships and fast.

War Path: He's right, lets get out of here.

The Guardians were fighting there way across the airfield to where there jumpships were; there were these Taken everywhere. The Blood Ghosts decided to run instead of fight. Taken started shooting at them, but they managed to escape.

Cerberus: Team get to your ships. Rocky your with me.

They all did what Cerberus said, and were heading back to orbit.

Cerberus's Ghost: Zavala we made it to our ships were heading home.

Cerberus: That was a close one.

Rocky: I'll say, are you alright Tootsie?

Tootsie: I'm alright, my mate.

Cerberus's Ghost: Cerberus, I'm detecting Taken energy readings near Adventure Bay. 

Cerberus: That's not good.

Rocky: We need to help them!

Tootsie: Our friends are there!

Cerberus: Don't worry we will. Team, change of plans were going to Adventure Bay.

To be Continued...