Chapter 8: Sick

I woke up to the sound of laughter and the flash of a camera. What in world? Everything was so soft and cushy around me. Not to mention warm. Wait. I spent the night at Ino's. And didn't I fall asleep on Sasuke? Maybe thats what I feel thats so warm. But then who is laughing and taking pictures?

I groaned and rubbed my eyes, sitting up to yawn. Someone awed and took another picture. Apon further inspection I found it was TenTen, Hinata, and Naruto. Neji and Kiba were still asleep and Sakura and Ino were giving me death stares. What's their problem?

"Did I miss something?" I asked, my voice tired.

"No. Nothing at all. We were just about to put in another movie before everyone left. Peace." Narutoturnedand dangled the camera in front of TenTen in a teasing manner. Alrighty then. I looked down at the sleeping Sasuke next to me. That is so adorable! He sleeps in the cutest manner! I reached down to wake him up only to have to cover mymouthfor sneeze. Freaking pollen.

"Sasuke." He groaned and currled up more. "Wake up Sasuke. Time to start a new day." He opened his eyes and looked up at me for a secondvacantly. I sneezed again and smiled at him.

"Well,aren'tyou something to wake up to?" He said in teasing manner. I laughed and he sat up. I didn't stay for the whole movie. Something just wasn't right today. I was sneezing and coughing way to much and didn't want to get anyone sick. Komiko was home and asked me to help her clean up around the house.

"So how was the party?" She asked.

"Deffinatly one of the most interesting I have ever been to."

"Yeah? How so?"

"Well First we played truth or dare and Naruto had to eat a bowl of ice-cream with carrots in it. And then Sasuke... had... to..." I dropped the clothes I was holding and colapsed to the ground. Komiko came running to make sure I was okay. She picked me up and carried me to my bed and put a thermomiter in my mouth.

"Oh lord. 102 degress. What a time for you to get sick. Taka and I are leaving for the weekend to finish some work in another town. I'll have to call someone to come and stay with you. Where's the phone." She found the one in the kitchen and dialed a number. She put some water on a rag and talked while she dabbed the cool cloth on my forehead.

"Hi. This is Komiko Suboshi. ---- Yes thats right. Listen. Jason is sick with a high fever and my husband and I are going out of town for the weekend and I was wondering if you could come and take care of her while we were gone. ----- Alright, thank you. --- What time? Oh we'll be leaving somewhere around six p.m. Can you be over by then? ------ That's great. --- Uh-huh. ---- Alright see you soon. Bye." She clicked the phone off and smiled at me. "Well got that taken care of. And as soon as Taka gets home I'll have to leave."

I wanted to ask her who was coming to stay with me but I wound up passing out instead. My head hurt so bad from the fever. And it always seems like I never stay asleep for very long. I'll sleep for an hour and wake up in total agony, then fall asleep again for another hour.

I woke up, my head spliting in two, delerious from the fever. It hurt so bad.

"Mommy! Mommy!" I called. I was surprised when Komiko came running in with a glass of water andTylenol. She sat me up and gave me themedicinebefore leaning me down and tucking me in. Taka was standing in the doorway with a worried look. Someone was standing behind him, but I couldn't clearly see who it was.

"It's okay Jason. Try and fall asleep again. Taka and I will be home Sunday afternoon. Sasuke is here to take care of you until then, alright?"

I nodded and she leaned down to kiss my forehead. Taka asked her something when she got over to him, but I couldn't hear what it was. They left after Taka gave some final instructions on what to do while they were gone to Sasuke. He nodded and they left. Komiko looked like she really didn't want to leave.

Sasuke came into the room and moved some hair out of my face.

"How you felling?" He asked softly. I pulled my arm out of the covers and reached out to him. He took my hand and got alittle closer. "Tired?" He asked. I nodded my head and a small shiver ran across my body. He gave a small laugh. "Cold too?" I nodded. "Let me go get my night clothes on and i'll find you a blanket." He left the room.

Why is it that when you have a fever you feel cold? I mean, your body temperature is higher, so you get really cold? It really doesn't make much sence to me. Sasuke came back in the room wearing a loose black shirt and tan night pants carrying a blanket. He draped it over me and smiled.

"I'll just be in the other room if you need me, okay?" He asked. Sasuke turnned to leave, but shot my hand out and grabbed the back of his shirt. I tryed to tell him I wanted him to stay in here with me. I get really freaked out if i'm sick and alone. Unfortunatly, all that came out was some painful noises. Sasukes eyes softened as he got the message. "Alright. But if Taka and Komiko get mad at me it's on your head." He slid under the first comforter leaving me the whole blanket and pulled me into him.

Just like that, snuggled against my very best friend, covered with blankets, and tired from the sickness, I fell asleep, happy and content.