Back Home

Rachel's POV
2 hours later

     I'd been on the run from them for hours. I turned to see if they were still following me. Surely enough, there was about 10 deformed corpses behind.
     'How are they still following me,' I said to myself.
     I finally came across a familiar looking house with white shingles and a black roof. It was my house. A smile spread across my face. Finally, I made it. Maybe my dads would be able to explain this.
     I ran in and shut the door. After locking it, I walked around the living room. Everything seemed to be placed the same way as I left it.
     I heard the radio on the counter faintly playing Don't Stop Believing though it was difficult to make out some of the song with all the static.
"Dad?" I called into the house. No one answered. As I walked up the stairs, I called,"Jesse?" No one answered.
     I walked into my parents' bedroom to see if they were barricading in there. I immediately regretted it.
     My dads were lying there, motionless on the floor while Jesse was leaning on the radiator.
     Tears filled my eyes. Not sure if they were tears of sadness or anger, I fell on the floor. They were gone. All of them.
     Then, I heard a slight moan from Jesse. I turned to see he was moving. I stood up, not sure whether to be happy or afraid.
     He looked up and, sure enough, his eyes were clear and his skin was rotting.
     I began crying even more. I backed out of the room. As I started walking down the stairs, the moaning got louder. I turned to see he was following me. I started running when he fell down the stairs.
     I ran to the kitchen. There had to be something I could use as a weapon. Right as I found a sharp butcher knife, he was stumbling into the kitchen. I sighed as I slowly walked up to him.
     When I stabbed him in the chest, he didn't go down. The tears were starting to blur my vision so I knew I had to kill him quickly. I stabbed him in the head and he fell.
     I was breathing heavily, wiping the tears from my eyes. I killed my boyfriend.
     No. Something else killed Jesse. I just finished the job.