The locked chest

~Through Astrid's eyes~

We flew home and reached Berk right before the storm came.

It was dark and the rain splashed down at the ground. The gang placed Trader Johan's stuff at Hiccup's workshop. In the meantime I flew Johan to the guest house were he's used to sleep when he's here. Afterward I flew back to the workshop to help the others, but Hiccup was the only one left.

He was very thoughtful and stared at a chest. The chest was brown and had many beautiful signs on it. It was so big; I bet Snoutlout could fit in it...

He didn't even notice me when I walked into the room. I walked behind him and put my hands around his waist and laid my head on his shoulder. He sighed and twirled his fingers around mine.

"What's going on?" I asked him.

"It that chest." I felt he was tensed. "It won't open, and I am so curious about what's inside."

I started to laugh. He looked at me, and wrinkled his eyebrows. Our faces were centimeters apart.

"Why are you laughing?" He asked seriously. I can't believe he actually managed to be serious.

"It... so... typical you." I said between the laughs. A smile broke into Hiccup's face. I continued: "You want to know everything about anything."

"No, not everything!" He protested. I continued to laugh.

I opened my mouth to disprove him, but suddenly I heard a strange sound from the chest. It sounded like something where inside it. I turned my head.

"What?" Hiccup asked.

"I heard something from that." I pointed to the chest.

He walked over to it and sat down in front of it. His fingers stroke over the keyhole.

"Have you asked Trader Johan about the key?"

"No. But I doubt he got it."

Suddenly. Out of the blue. I got an idea. I walked to one of Hiccup's tays and pulled it out. My hand messed up the things in it till I found what I was looking for.

I picked it up. I have no idea about what it's called, but I knew one thing: It could help me to pick the lock. I showed Hiccup the thing. He seemed pretty confused at first but when his face broke into a smile; I understood he realized what I was up to.

I walked to the chest. The moment of truth. I put the thing in the keyhole and tried to lock it up. It was dead silent. The only sounds we heard was the rain splashing on the roof and me messing with the thing. (A/n: Wow, that sounded wrong...🙊😂) Hiccup stood beside me and watched me. I heard a "click". Yes!!

I smiled at Hiccup and he smiled in return. I tried to open the chest, but it was heavy. Hiccup came closer so he could help me. He's much stronger than he seems to be.

It was really difficult. Maybe it was so long time since it was opened last, because it was really stuck.

Well, not totally stuck.

Finally, after all the pushing the chest opened. I wish it didn't. For a little second everything around me disappeared.

Down in the chest sat a man. I repeat. A MAN! He had dark brown hair and beard. He was dirty all over his face, and his clothes. But what scared me most was his eyes. His dark, dark green eyes. They were so angry, so attacking...so intense.. Everything with him was dark. Especially his prensence.

He stared me in the eyes for a couple of second, before he moved his gaze to Hiccup. He looked at him with the same eyes as me, but then they softened. At this point we had managed to take a step back from the chest, and Hiccup had drawn up his flame sword. He stood there. Ready to action, with the sword pointed at the man.

"Who are you and what do you want?!" Hiccup threatened.

The man seemed actually pretty... shocked. He opened his mouth slowly and he spoke only one word. But a word that ended up changing our lives.

"Valka?"

A/n: You like it? I've been working very hard with this one. Oooh!! I'm so excited for the next chapters. A lot of things are going to happen and I can't wait to show it to you guys!

Don't forget to vote and comment! ❤️