Part 14- When Drama Begins

Harriet's POV

"And the winner is... Letter H!"

I was immediately let down that I'd didn't win, but not surprised that Jacob won the competition. He's had a lot of free time and it is no surprise that he is getting stronger and better while I have sort of reached a plateau.

While I accepted my defeat and started to clean up my station, a thought crossed through my mind. Didn't Grayson invite me to work for a day in one of his restaurants? It seemed completely out of question before, but now it doesn't sound so bad. If I want to break out of my plateau, this was the chance to get a taste of the real restaurant industry and gain experience. After all, the latest season of All Star Academy was wrapping up which meant casting for the new season had to be coming up soon. I had to be on my A-game if I even wanted to be accepted into the tv show.

"Hey Harriet...." I heard a voice say.

"Congrats on the win! I knew you could win." I said with a fake smile although wishing I was fooling him.

"Thanks. But that's not what I wanted to talk about..." He responded.

"Okay.....What is it. I'm kind of in a time rush." I said urgently.

"Well we haven't really spent any time together so I was wondering if you would go with me on a road trip next weekend to relax and spend time together..." He asked shyly.

That really was a thoughtful thing to ask. I'm sure he had planned it for a really long time too.

"That would be great, Jacob," I said smiling

At first it looked like he was ready to admit defeat but once he thought twice about what I said, a bright smile covered his face,"Really? That's awesome. I'll talk to you later about it."

"Sure." Then, he was off.

I packed up all my bags and headed out to the parking lot to call an Uber to go home and get stuff done before working in one of Grayson's restaurants.

The path home was still the same as it had always been. The same billboards, streets, and sometimes even people. It was the beautiful LA that I sometimes loved and hated at the same time. But no matter what, it was home and that was all a person needed. A place to call their own.

I walked into my silent apartment and flicked on the lights to find a complete and utter mess of clothes, dishes, and everything in between. I usually always kept my house clean, but I've noticed that once I get super busy, cleaning is just not on my priority list and my living space suffers a lot from it.

The first thing I started out with was the kitchen. Not even gonna lie, it's the place I spend the most time at. Reading, cooking, and eating. Lots and lots of eating. So why should it be dirty?

I got a bucket of Lysol wipes and basically wiped everything down and cleaned out the trash and also scrubbed the microwave. Even though I hate it, I washed the dishes that were as tall as the Empire State Building.

I went through every single small room that my apartment had to offer and cleaned the heck out of it. After I was done, my results were pretty amazing and I was actually proud considering I hate cleaning.

Now I was exhausted and ready for a binge fest. A goldfish and food network type of binge.

But before I could do any of that, I had to call Grayson and tell him that I wanted to work at one of his restaurants for the night.