Chapter 8

A/N

Votes and comments are appreciated :)

----

As I was walking down the street, a thought came to me. I hadn't spoken to Megan or Ashley in forever. By this time, I'm sure Ashley was close to returning back to Brazil. I knew I had my date with Jacob later today, but late or not, Megan was my first priority.

"Harriet!" Ashley said as she welcomed me into a bone-crushing hug. I noticed that she had dyed her hair to an even more intense shade of blond (It is almost white now) with blue tips and that ombred down.

'Hi, Ashley! It has been forever!" I replied as soon as she let go.

"Forever and 5 days," Megan interrupted,"I told you five days ago that Ashley was in town, but you never decided to show up!"

"Give her a break, Megan." Ashley said as she came to my rescue.

"Come in! We have so much to catch up on!" Ashley said as if nothing happened. I liked that about her.

We settled into the living room and Megan went into the kitchen pouring what looked like orange juice.

"So . . . Any new romances?" Ashley questioned.

I hesitated, but said, " I have a date with Jacob tonight in a few hours,"

I even heard Megan gasp.

"What! That guy who harassed you?" she accused.

"No! More like a playful tease," I said unsure.

"Playful tease my butt. That guy does not deserve you after what he did. Do you not understand that? You would come home crying and depressed because of the words he said to you. You call that a playful tease?"

"It's complicated. I understand his reasons now and we have worked things out . . ." I replied.

"How did you work it out? By kissing each other? Did he acknowledge what he did and apologize? Or did you just jump to conclusions and guess that he was sorry because he admitted he was attracted to you" She replied harshly.

Wow. Her words somehow knocked some sense into me. I guess I did jump to conclusions. I mean, I guess Jacob never really did apologize. Maybe I should bring it up on our date tonight.

"I guess you're right," I admitted. "I just don't want things to get awkward between us so early."

"Would you rather be awkward in the early stages or heartbroken in the later stages because you were too afraid?"

"I don't know. Maybe I should talk about it on a later date. Maybe fourth or fifth . . ."

"No." Megan responded firmly.

"You will tell him tonight. Don't back out because we will find out sooner or later."

I was really getting fed up with . . . facts. And really good advice. This are why they are the best possible friends I could ever have. They are not afraid to tell me the truth just like it is.

"Okay . . . now, if you are done attacking me, can you help me get ready for my date?" I asked.

They both nodded and showed me to their walk in closet. More like Run in closet. It was HUGE.

Ashley forced me into a red velvet chair while her and Megan worked their magic.

From what I could tell, Megan was in charge of my outfit and Ashley was in charge of my hair and makeup.

"What are you using for your hair? It looks like a bird nest?" Ashley scolded.

"Sorry," I mumbled. My hair wasn't THAT bad.

After one hour of constant tugging of my hair, the curling iron or straightning iron (I can never tell the difference) making brief contact with my skin, and Megan commanding me to turn every 4 seconds, I was done.

"We are good," Ashley commented.

I took a long look in the full length mirror and didn't realize at first it was me in the mirror. I had on a blue and rhinestoned cocktail dress with silver flats. I had (which I'm sure it was) a diamond necklace.

"I can't take this" I said.

"Bull. you look beautiful. With your hair and makeup like that, he will be falling on his knees for you. Which he should," Megan added.

"Now let's go back to your place so that you won't be late," Ashley said.

We pulled up to my penthouse and Ashley locked the door. She insisted we take her car since taking a cab would take at least an hour.

"Crap! That's Jacob's car!" I yelled as I saw a Black Camrey Toyota pull up into one of the parking spaces.

"Run!" We all yelled at the same time.

After we ran to the door, i looked back and saw Jacob in a suit and tie walking to my door.

"Where are the keys! Hurry!" Megan pressured.

I realized I left them in the car. My stomach dropped as Jacob started to approach us.

"Well?" She hissed.

"Stall him. I'll sneak through the back after I get the keys from your car. I'll text you once I am in."

"Oh so you remember your phone, but not the damn keys?"

"Shut up and give me the car keys." And with that, I was gone.

JACOBS POV 😘😘😘

Here we go. My second date with Harriet. Hopefully things do not go as bad as they did the first time. I really don't wanna screw things up with Harriet.

I approached her steps when I saw two people standing in front of me.

"Woah there. I'm gonna need to get past . . ."I said while reaching out to the doorbell.

The girl with blonde hair caught my arm midway.

"What exactly are your intentions?" She asked.

Oh boy.

"I'm going on a date." I told them.

"We know that smartass. Where are you taking Harriet?" the other one said.

Feisty one, huh?

"Im taking her to a secret location, then I'll just wing it for the rest of the night," I replied truthfully.

"For goodness sakes. Where is the secret location?" the blond one said.

I used this chance to ring the doorbell.

Yes!

"Hey! You're not going anywhere until we finish with you."

To my surprise, Harriet hadn't opened the door yet.

Where the hell is she?
---------

Im sooo sorry for the wait. :( Update coming probably next 2 weeks. I know nothing about cars btw.