Epilogue

~Dan's POV~

"Every time when I look into my husband's eyes, I realize how lucky I am."

~Phil's POV~

"Every time I hug our adopted daughter, I realize how lucky I am."

~Dan's POV~

"Every day I realize that it was just by a chance that Phil became my tutor and this all happened. As bad as it sounds, I'm almost thankful that I did so bad in school."

~Phil's POV~

"Every day I realize that is was just by chance that I was assigned to Dan as a tutor and everything happened. As bad as it sounds, I'm almost thankful that Dan bullied me in the way he did."

~Dan's POV~

"In retrospect, I realize that I could have done better in school. I could have lived my life, and never had gotten to know my perfect husband."

~Phil's POV~ 

"In retrospect, I realize that I could have refused to tutor Dan, claiming that he was too much of a jerk. But if I had, I may have died that day, there may not have been a Dan to save me."

~Dan and Phil's POV~

"We realize now, that everything that happened, it was all just by chance. So we cherish everyday we have together. Our hope for you, Sarah, is that you learn from us. Live your life to the fullest, be kind to other people, take opportunities as they come. And most of all, realize that things happen for a reason. No matter how terrible it may seem, there will be a bright side to it."

Dan looked at his husband, and gave him a kiss on the lips. Their 13 year old daughter, Sarah, sat on their couch, taking it all in. She had simply asked how they had met, and she was given a long tale about her fathers' senior year. 

Phil smiled at her. "How did you like the story?"

Sarah smiled and closed her eyes. "It was the most beautiful love story I've ever heard."