Chapter 4- Dan's POV

Friday finally came- I never knew a week could be as long as this one was. I sat down after school in the same room Phil and I had been doing our tutoring sessions in all week. I threw my test to him. "I got a B. I guess you're not too bad with this tutoring thing, gayLester."

Phil nodded. "It wasn't really me, Dan. You just actually tried. So good job. Today we're going to do English."

"Are you kidding me? I have a party to go to tonight, Phil. I got a B on a test, so I think I should be let off for today." There was no way. I had blown off Elana, and my friends, all week. There was no way I could just not show up tonight.

Phil shook his head. "Too bad. You do enough partying as it is. We're doing English, so get out your English stuff. You can get drunk another day. Do you want to graduate or not?"

Phil was being a lot more abrupt and assertive today. Weird. "What makes you think I even want to graduate? What makes you think I don't want to drop out? Why do you think I even care?!" I was yelling.

I saw tears spring to Phil's eyes. "Obviously if you wanted to drop out you already would have. Now calm down and just get out your freaking book."

I rolled my eyes. "Can't we just, I don't know, have a makeup tutoring session on Sunday or something? I promise I'll actually show up."

"Ugh, fine. You better show up, Dan." Phil looked incredibly angry. "Can I have your number, then?"

My heart started beating harder in my chest. No, No, Dan. Stop. "Why the hell do you want my number, Lester?" Phil looked incredibly angry. "Damn it, Dan! I'm asking so I can contact you about when and where we do our tutoring session this weekend! I do not, I repeat, do not, have any kind of feelings for you! Just because I'm gay doesn't mean that I want to be in a relationship with everyone guy I meet! If it makes you feel better I'll just give you my number so that I can't text you first!"

"Okay, that's fine." I said and pulled out my phone as Phil recited his number to me. I then texted my mum to come and pick me up and Phil did the same. "Why are you so angry today, Lester?" I asked.

"Gosh, I don't know, Dan. Maybe it's because I've had to spend a week tutoring the person who makes my life a living hell. You wouldn't be happy, either, and you would want to get this done as fast as possible." Phil grabbed his stuff and walked out of the room. 

My phone buzzed; my mum telling me that she was here. When I got into the car my mum had bags in the bag. "Where are you going?"

"Oh, I didn't tell you, did I?" She said. "I'm going to Maggie's house for the weekend. I'm leaving as soon as I drop you off."

Maggie was my mum's best friend; they had been friends since they were kids and Maggie lived a couple hours ago. Every so often Mum would go and spend a weekend with her best friend. I pulled out my phone to text my friend, Kai, and tell him I needed a ride to the party.

"Okay, well I'm going to go to Kai's house tonight. He's going to give me a ride."\

Mum sighed. "Do me a favor, Dan. Don't do anything you regret. And don't drink too much." We pulled into our driveway. "Love you, Danny. Have a good time." I watched her drive away before going inside to take a nap before getting ready.

At about eight that night, Kai texted me. I'm outside. I went outside and hopped in his car. "Thank God for Friday." I said. "I don't think I could take another day with gaylester." Kai nodded.

"I feel for you. I don't know how you're doing it. Whatever, I got loads of alcohol, so feel free to drink your troubles away, man." We pulled into Kai's driveway, which was filled with cars crammed together. 

As soon as we walked in, I was greeted by Elana, who threw herself on me and started kissing me. I kissed back, wrapping my arms around her waist. She looked at me. "I missed you, babe. Every since you've had that tutoring I haven't gotten to see you much." She gave me a pouty face. "Sorry, 'Lana. We spend the night here, together, okay?"

Elana nodded happily and pulled me into the kitchen where we each got a beer before we moved into the living room blaring pop music and started dancing. I went back for more drinks every so often; I'm not even sure how much I had to drink, just that I was incredibly drunk. I don't really remember much before I heard sirens. 

"Cops are here!" Someone yelled before everyone ran out the back door, using the escape route we had used the last couple times the cops had shown up. If you jumped Kai's fence, there was a bit of a forested area that led into town, and we never got caught. Oh, sure, someone would get arrested here and there, but overall it worked. Except I was so out of it, that I had no idea what was going on.

"Dan! Hurry up!" I saw Elana pulling on my arm. "What? What's going on?" I slurred. "Oh my God, Dan! Fine! Get arrested. I don't care." Elana then ran with everyone else. After a couple seconds I realized what was going on and as I was staggering to the back door, I realized I was a couple seconds late. I hate cuffs around my arms and I was being put into the back of a police car.

As the car drove away, my only though was no one tried to help me. My friends, they didn't stay to help. Only Elana gave a pathetic attempt. 

At the station, I was place into one of the cells they use for people waiting for someone to come and pick them up. "Okay, kid. You have one phone call, so call your parents." One of the officers was opening the cell.

"My mum's out of town. I can't call her." I said. 

"Okay, then call your dad."

"I haven't seen my dad in five years. I don't know where he is."

"Okay, well do you have a friend you can call? Or another family member in the area?"

Then it came to me. "Yes. I have a friend I can call."

I made my way over to the phone in the station and used my phone to get the number. The phone dialed for a bit before someone answered.

"Phil..."