"Once inserted, the device will be activated. It will work only once for an estimated time of 5 minutes." John explained to the two of us.

"Yes. How does it work?" The mayor asked.

"It's a high-pitched frequency that humans can't hear. Any vampire within a 5-block radius will be incapacitated, exposing them. At that time, the sheriff's V5 deputies will inject them with vervain and bring them here, where we'll finish them off. " My eyes looked up to Mayor Lockwood. I knew what he was and the same with his son. If he was to near when this is a activated, he was fall too and the council will believe he is a vampire too.

"And you're certain they're attacking tonight?" Mayor Lockwood asked.

I gave a slight nodded, as John answered his question. "I had a source. One of the vampires from the tomb, she confirmed the attack. They want revenge for what our ancestors did in 1864, which makes us their target." John then looked at me, "That's when she comes in."

Mayor Lockwood looked at me confused, "And you are?"

"Juliana, preferably Julia." I answered

John looked back at the Mayor, "Julia is a vampire that is willing to help, but will also be in here along with the other vampires."

The mayor still looked at me confused, "You're willing to die?" The whole point of becoming a vampire for most people is because they want immoral life, something I'm about to give up.

I nodded, "I've lost to much, it's time I end that."

Mayor Lockwood sighed, "We're taking an enormous risk. We're talking about our families, John."

"It's the only way to draw them out and kill them- all of them."

~

While walking around the celebration, I found Anna. I quickly grabbed her arm, "You need to leave. John is planning on killing all of the tomb vampires and I don't want you around when it happens."

"No," She replied and pulled her arm away from my grip. "I'm helping the vampires tonight, John deserved to get punished for what he did to my mother."

I sighed, "Then don't do for me, do it for Jeremy. You and I both see it, he's hanging on by a thread. If something happens to you and I'm not able to stop it, Jeremy will go off the rails." I told her.

Anna stared at me for a long time before sighing, "Alright. I'll stay out of it, but you do too."

I quickly shook my head, "No, I getting what I wanted back in 1864."

Anna looked at me confused, but suddenly gasp and quickly grabbed my arm. "No! I won't let you do that, Julia. Not after what has happened. I can't lose anymore people I care about." She begged as tears filled her eyes.

"That's why I'm doing this." I answered as I pulled away from her grip and left her standing there.

~

Right now, I was in the sheriffs office with John and Mayor Lockwood and John was just explaining our plan to her.

"You want to use our town as bait?" Sheriff Forbes asked. "It's too dangerous. It's insane." She snapped as she went to go close the door

"We've gone over the plans with your deputies. They're all on board." The mayor told her.

"You've gone behind my back?" She asked.

"Yeah, because we knew that's exactly how you'd react." Lockwood continued.

"Our children are here."