Prologue

Prologue

“I want to travel the world.”

     I remember writing that on a piece of paper by means of crayons with a perfectly muddled up seven year-old handwriting years ago. I even pulled out drawing a basically deformed picture of earth. It had labels of certain countries I contemplatively desired on going to, terribly hoping I wouldn’t have to spend my entire life in Korea coped up at home torn between doing chores and watching chick flicks day to night. I still lived under the impression that maybe if I went out of the house occasionally, I’d learn something new. So what more if it was more than just practically out?  What more if I was a thousand miles away?

    Here’s a nineteen-year old young adult who just got out of college – graduated, just to be clear. BS Communication. And no, BS stands for bullshit actually. No offense. It’s just that, it didn’t really help me much, in any way possible, because just a few months after we’ve received our diplomas – my batchmates and I – sort of disregarded almost eighty percent of what was supposed to stick in our minds for a lifetime.

   I do, however, recall some words from our Foreign Language elective class. Or tried to anyways. I’m pretty sure that niet still means no in Russian.

Who would’ve actually thought that I am now living the dream?

    Travelling from time to time, flying to places I never knew I’d ever catch sight of, jotting down my trips in a certain country on each journal… everything still seems so unreal, you know? I don’t even know how this was made possible. It was more than just starving myself at lunch saving my allowance for damn sakes. It was the passion. The enthusiastic aspirant that had been flowing along with my blood and through my veins.

     My father was a tourist. My grandfather was a tourist. My great grandfather was a tourist. Almost our whole family tree consisted of tourists that had travelled a long way to diverse places and sites.

Although at the present, I wouldn’t like to be defined simply as a tourist.

Park Hye Eun. 19. Traveller. A downright victim of wanderlust.

Better.

A/N: Check out the story's website! 

http://akosiimarylyn.wix.com/wanderlust