CHAPTER EIGHTEEN (YES, I'M BACK:D)

The library in Reaper Manor was empty. Every now and then the librarian ghost would peek through the walls to see if Nevaeh had found the right book she wanted. Reading always took Nevaeh's mind off of things. But not this time. Nevaeh came back from a shelf, with several books in her arms and slammed them on the table, causing a thick cloud of dust to fly in her face. 

The seat creaked as she sat down, her face red with anger. "Why didn't he tell me?" she asked herself, turning a page so fast that she almost ripped it. "There must be some reason."

Mrs Agnes, the ghost, flew through the wall when she heard Nevaeh cursing. "What's wrong, my dear?" she asked, looking over Nevaeh's shoulder. 

"Nothing," Nevaeh told her, closing the book. 

"It doesn't sound like nothing," she said, looking at Nevaeh. 

"Honestly, I'm fine," said Nevaeh. "I'm just trying to find something to read."

Mrs Agnes sat on the floor, her gown going through the floor. "I used to love to read when I was little one. Nobody reads in this house. Except, that blond fellow came in earlier; he picked a book off the shelf and ripped a bit off- foul boy."

Nevaeh found that a little bit suspicious- should she really feel sorry for him? "Please, could you show me the book?" she asked. There was only one way to be certain.

"Hmmm... I'm sure it's somewhere over here," said Mrs Agnes, searchig for the book. "Ah ha! Here it is!"

Mrs Agnes went to take the book from the shelf, but it slipped through her transparant fingers, landing open on the floor. Nevaeh went to pick it up, when she noticed the pages had opened onto a great picture- of the Grim Reaper. A bookmark had been cutting through the binding of the book. "What's this?"

She picked it up. In the corner of the page it said- history of Death II- The Last Years.

Nevaeh turned the pages and read, her eyes skimming the lines. 

Chapter fifteen

Death II was loved by everyone, especially himself. He loved to know he was the powerfullest of all his people, and had to prove it. After a few years, Death started to use the energy source found in Human souls, mainly youngsters, to show his might and to gain unspeakable power. But he was not earning enough souls for Hades, the ruler of the Underworld. 

When Zeus found out about his powers, he took Death's own sould and made him empty, giving him only his broken bones to remind him of his crimes, so from that day,  Death wore a black robe long enough to hid himself and he become immortal, like his father before him. 

Nowadays, the energy is foud within Grim Reapers. If a Grim is murdered, his killer will gain what he had, but only if he does a sacrafice under a full moon. 

The rest of the page was ripped off. Nevaeh's heart thudded more than ever now. She tried to breath, but she couldn't until Mrs Agnes strode past her. "He... he killed... him! He killed my Dad!"

"Breath, Nevaeh," cried the ghost. "Now, who killed your father?"

"Luko. For a moment I actually felt sorry for him," exclaimed Nevaeh. She held her chest as she tried to breath still. 

"Are you sure?"

"I... I've got to go."

Nevaeh closed the book, with the bookmark still tooked in it's pages and ran past Mrs Agnes. "Nevaeh, please, come back!" she called after her. But she stopped running when she saw Nevaeh was already half way down the corridor.

If Luko gets all the powers, Nevaeh though, he'll be rich with power and nobody would be able to stop him. Nevaeh ran to Dusk's room. 

Dusk's room was full of shouting. She went to disturn them until she heard something she shouldn't have. "You will help me unless you want a scar like the one I gave Luko!" Dusk shouted.  His voice wasn't quiet like it usually was, now it was loud and full of rage. 

"I've had enough of your plans, Dusk," said Spider. "You've already taken Bones from me, what else?" Spider's eyes were gazing all around the room. For a moment, Nevaeh thought he had saw her, but his eyes drew away from the door. 

"I remember how he cried when I cut his face." Dusk laughed as it brought back memories. 

Nevaeh went to gasp, but a hand covered her mouth. Nevaeh tried to claw at the hand, but a hand kept tight hold of her hands. "You better not make a sound!" the voice warned in a quiet, but firm whisper. 

The person led her to the reapers' chambers, far down the stairs. In the corner, Nevaeh could see mouldy pumpkins and carving knife's. Once the hands let go, she ran to the table, and walked by the wall with a carving knife held by both her hands. Her body shook as she tried to hold the knife. The man had a robe on him, and his hood over his face. "Get away!" she warned. "I'll use this if I have to."

"You couldn't cut butter with that thing- pick the one on the left-side." It was Luko. 

"You're all crazy," she said. "I knew there was something wrong with you, especially you!"

"I'm not the one you need to be worried about," said Luko, sitting down in a chair.

"I trust Dusk more than you right now!" said Nevaeh. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Tell you what? That Dusk's a crazy idiot- I thought you'd be able to see it for yourself, but you were to busy questioning me!"

"Not that!" said Nevaeh. "Beetle told me everything."

Luko looked away. "I really don't have any idea what you're talking about."

Nevaeh grabbed some frills on her dress and ripped them off. "What are you doing?" Luko asked. Nevaeh kept hold of the carving knife, holding it at arm's lenght. Her body was still shaking like crazy, and now her lips were trembling. "Nevaeh, put the carving knife down!" Nevaeh quickly swiped the frills across her face and hurried back wards when Luko stepped up, his face red like the scar that he had hid. 

"The scar! You lied. You've had it since you were little!" Nevaeh cried. 

Luko snatched the carving knife from her hand and chucked it at the chair. "You shouldn't have done that!"

"Why- what will you do, Luko? I think you've lied enough already!" cried Nevaeh. "Why did you keep it a secret from me, instead of actually telling me the truth?"

Luko slammed his fist on the arm of the chair beside him, making Nevaeh jump. "I couldn't! Dusk would have killed me, or worse- you! I had to protect you."

"Protect me from what? You won't tell me everything. Everyone treats me like I'm still a little kid!"

Luko looked at her, remember himself saying that to Beetle when he was only a few years older than Nevaeh was. "Fine," he said. "Dusk made us all move straight back to the Underworld when you and Dad moved to the Humans' world. And one night I overheard Dusk talking, saying he had plans to kill you, since he finally decided you would get in the way of his plans. I stole Bones's key and snook you into Reaper Manor, that way, I could watch you. But I couldn't get close to you, or even tell you I was your brother, so I had to scare you; it was really hard, but I knew you hated me. I wanted to tell you badly."

"You're still not off the hook," Nevaeh told him. "I know you hated Dad, but why?"

"He shot me on the streets when I finally stood up to him and refused to become what he wanted me to be. I couldn't become a Grim Reaper- in the end I had to, when I had no home. Then, one day I decided to see you- it'd been years since I last saw you. But he'd already washed me out of your memory. I have the power of levatation and he had the power of stealing things, even someone's memories. But I never killed him- that was Dusk, too."

"Then I believe you," said Nevaeh, giving him a smile. 

"We have to stop him though, or he'll become as powerful as the Gods that lock us in the Underworld!"

"Hasn't it caught on yet? I don't want to become a Grim Reaper!" cried Nevaeh. 

"What  are you doing now?" asked Luko when Nevaeh walked toward the door. 

"Running," said Nevaeh, slamming the door behind her. 

I'M SORRY TO ANYBODY WHO'S ACTUALLY BEEN READING THE GRIM'S DAUGHTER SINCE I HAVEN'T BEEN ON WATTPAD FOR QUITE A WHILE BUT I'M BACK NOW AND WORKING ON SOMETHING ELSE, BUT I'LL UPLOAD THE FIRST DRAFTS OF THE NEXT CHAPTERS NOW AND HOPEFULLY I'LL GET AROUND TO EDITING EVERYTHING LATER. THANKS, GUYS:') X

   -KIMISINSANE