02

Namjoon had been pacing back and forth in the studio, arms crossed as he nibbles nervously on his lower lip until he tastes blood to which he grimaced. He then wipes his lower lip using the collar of his shirt, tugging it up before patting his lip gently.

"What's got your panty in a twist?" Yoongi, another friend he shares the studio with, questions without looking up at him as he was busy fiddling with his computer probably editing some things with his music.

"He's just nervous because it's already been a week yet the shelter had not replied to his email yet." Hoseok chimed in from his own desk, turning his chair to face them before resting his palm on his chin with his elbow on his knees for support as he uses his free hand to type something on his phone and judging by the way his eyes brighten, he is most likely messaging his babies. Well, that's how Hoseok refers to them.

What Hoseok said was true though Namjoon would definitely just die before admitting something like that.

"No way. I'm not nervous. I'm just, uh, searching for an inspiration...?" It came out more of a question than an answer which made Yoongi snort from his desk.

"Yeah, inspiration. Here inside our cramped studio where you can barely see something inspiring due to the shit work you two did on the design, sure. Whatever you say, Namjoon." He drawled out lazily, smirking to himself.

"You gotta work your reasoning properly, Joon. I'm getting second hand embarrassment just by hearing you." Hoseok cringed, looking up at him with a disapproving frown. He then added, "Besides it's pretty much obvious that you are most definitely nervous. There's no need to hide that from us. We know how much you've been looking forward to adopting your own companion."

Yoongi made a noise akin to agreement as he continues clicking keys and his mouse in his desk, "'s not like we're gonna judge you or anything. Me myself has a hybrid."

Namjoon had only found out that the older has his own hybrid as well the next day Hoseok had persuaded him to get one. Apparently, his hybrid had been staying with him for two years now. Hoseok immediately complained, whining why Yoongi had not mentioned anything to which Yoongi just shrugged replying, "It never really came up."

Well, the older had a point though in their defense, he's not really the type to take care of someone but surprise surprise, Yoongi actually likes spoiling someone as much as Hoseok does.

Jimin— Yoongi's hybrid, is a Japanese Spitz whom he adopted from the same shelter Hoseok got Taehyung, the snow fox hybrid and Jungkook, the american chinchilla hybrid. According to Yoongi, Jimin had also been a rescue from an abusive household. He had to walk on eggshells the first year he got the hybrid, not wanting to make him feel discomfort or any negative emotions. Now, they are very much comfortable with each other and Namjoon guesses that the reason why Yoongi rarely goes to the studio is because of the hybrid. Guess they really got attached, huh.

Hoseok, on the other hand, had only been staying with his two hybrids for less than a month but the three of them are going on just fine. Namjoon hopes the same goes for him and his future hybrid.

"Yup! What Yoongi hyung says!" Hoseok exclaimed. "And you know, just because you weren't contacted immediately doesn't mean you're not qualified. Give it another day or week, they'll get back to you!"

Namjoon truly, genuinely, hopes so.

———

After a week and two days of twitching nervously and pacing around anxiously, he had finally gotten an invitation to visit the shelter any day of the week and any time of the day.