CHAPTER 17: You Gabriella Jackson, do not deserve a smile!

There's many things in life where you can excel. You can be an artist, a dancer or a singer. You could be good at studies too. People always say 'do what you know best'. But since I don't listen, I am doing the one thing I don't know how to do. Don't get me wrong, it's not about the match making. I mean.. duh! Of course I'm good at that. But once this word 'team' comes into your vocabulary, that's when your talents go down the drain. Trust me, too many people spoil the broth all right.

I had the worst team in the history of worst teams. And no. I am not being over dramatic. It is in fact an understatement. You can ask me what happened ....again.

All I can say is... nothing, absolutely nothing. Everything is the same. No changes. Except for the fact that my godforsaken crutches are off.

Who says Heart break is the only thing that can't be cured, stupidity can't be either. 

I am again saying this in the wise words of Gabriella Jackson.

Today was completely uneventful. Amy suggested that Tyler should ask her himself, because that would feel more natural. That was by far the best thing that has come out of this girl's mouth, so any guesses what else she said?

We agreed to do that. Ashton said he could make the speech, so we left it to him. That, ladies and gentlemen was the worst decision of my life. He came back beaming, with a piece of paper in his hand. I took it from his hand, while Amy jumped up and down in excitement.

I opened it to read it and read it out loud "My only love sprung from my only hate! Too early seen unknown, and known too late! Prodigious birth of love it is to me,That I must love a loathed enemy.... Oh my god, you copied Shakespeare?!" I asked restraining myself from beating him to pulp. The guy however looked unabashed... nothing new there. 

"Gabby, I found out about Emily, she likes literature, so chill" he said swinging an arm around my shoulder. 

I pushed it away and started poking his chest for each word. "You. Idiot. Now. She. Will. Think. That. Tyler. Can't. Say. Something. From. The. Bottom. Of. His. Heart" Ashton cowered back with every poke and his eyes became wide as he put his hands up in surrender.

"I thought girls found that romantic" he squeaked out.

"They do, actually" Amy said with a shrug.

"No! It's cheesy and corny and so duplicate" I whined out

"But Gabby, we made the plan for this class remember... he has to make do with his." Amy said from beside me.

I had no other choice. I should never give important jobs to careless idiots. Ethan would have done a better job. Wait, who am I kidding? He might have written a death note or something. We sauntered over to Tyler's next class in the chemistry lab. We all fortunately had a free period.

Tyler was standing at the corner putting on his coat. When he saw me he smiled expectantly. Well the worst products could be sold with proper marketing, so this won't be that tough will it?

"Hey Ty" I said in a confident tone. 

"Where is it?" he asked, straight to the point as always. Boring! I handed him the paper. He took it from me and read it before giving me a skeptical look. "Are you for real?!"he asked.

"Ty, this is the most romantic line to suit your situation-"

"It's fake!"

"It isn't fake..." I struggled to come up with something "It's classic." I patted myself for coming up with that.

"Yeah sure, if I was trying to impress some lady from the 18th century" he said in a dry tone. Now I get it...he is definitely my brother. I managed to make a horrified face as I held my hands to my chest.