CHAPTER 24: Guinness world record... Hmm, I could win!!

I cracked the egg at the edge of the container and I poured it in.

Aha! One egg down, four more to go!

Wondering what I'm doing? One of the toughest things in my life. I'm... Cooking! Yes. I, Gabriella Jackson am cooking.

"Oh my god!! Gabby! Why are you inside the kitchen?!" my mom's voice echoed through the house.

I turned around to answer her when my dad came running in. "Hey baby girl," he started off with a nervous chuckle as he not so subtly moved near the gas checking if it was closed. "How's life?" He continued as he put the match box in his pocket. "Just looking around," he said as he switched off the oven. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I'm calling the fire truck!!" Conner shouted from up the stairs and I scowled.

Tyler appeared at the doorway and regarded me, shaking his head.

"Actually, I forgot to tell you guys but I'm gonna have some takeout, " he said as he took the key from the key holder.

"Take me with you!!" Shawn cried out in agony.

"I feel like pizza today as well.." mom piped in.

"We can go in my car," Dad said happily.... Way too happily.

I huffed out in irritation. "It's not for you guys!" I exclaimed. They all looked towards me, to see if I'm lying or telling the truth.

I kept a deadpan face.

"Ohh... Ok, I'll go lay the table." my mom said with a shrug.

Oh well, aren't they the world's most supportive family?!

Yeah, in my dreams!

"Fine, you're right, I'll get it from outside." I grumbled.

"Now that's my baby girl." My dad said with a large smile.

I gave him a fake smile in return. "I know dad," I said through gritted teeth. He didn't catch on it though.

I just grabbed my bicycle keys and set off to the cake shop.

I absentmindedly pulled on my helmet and pedalled outside. I hope Parker is keeping up...

"WATCH IT," a familiar voice shouted as I jerked back to my senses to see a little girl right in front of my cycle,

I was too close to put a break so I swerved my cycle. "AAAH!" and I crashed into the tree. The cycle toppled over and I fell hard to the ground.

Hmm. Maybe I should just apply for the Guinness world record already. Getting the most injuries in my lifetime...

Loud footsteps could be heard as someone kneeled beside me. Ethan's familiar scent hit me hard.

"Hey, are you hurt?" he breathed out as he held my hands to lift me up. He gently lifted my hands up to see if I had any scratches anywhere. After inspecting them, he stood up and pulled me up.

My knees however gave way but he wrapped his hand around me to steady me.

"Careful." he said into my neck and I just nodded.

'So not happening' my conscience butted in

I just looked down at my knees to see that my pant was ripped around my knees. My knees were really badly scraped. Ethan followed my line of sight and his eyebrows scrunched up in worry.

Well, ripped jeans were a thing... Maybe ripped pants could be the next new thing.

Yeah?

No....