Chapter 1- My Birthday Surprise

Nicki's POV

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG BOOTY!!!" I was a woken out of my sleep by my loud obnoxious roommate and best friend Tatyanna, Titi for short. "GET UP GIRL, YOUR FINALLY 21!!" As you can tell its my 21st birthday, and I'm super excited.

I sat up in bed grabbing my glasses off the bedside table putting them on, adjusting to all the camotion. Titi shoves a box in my lap and I look at her confused. "Open it" she says "Titi I told u not to spead no money on me" I stress "oh shut up and open the box you'll love it!" I look down at the box and slowly start opening the it, I pull away at the tissue  paper and my eyes widen. "Titi what is this" I yell pull in out this all black leather dress that's wayyyyy to short. "Its your birthday dress, we going out tonight." I look at her like she has two heads. "I can't wear this" I say "and why the hell not" I get up out of the bed "its way to short, can't I just wear something from my closet" I put the dress down and walk over to my closet "oh hell no baby, your wearing this dress" she picks it up and walks over to me, she pulls me in front of the mirror and puts the dress in front of me. " Girl imagine you in this tonight, do you know how many men will be begging to even stand next to you" she exaggerates. I adjust my glasses and look at myself in the mirror. "OK." I say quietly She jumps up and down "That's right girl, you won't regret it I promise" "yeah what ever" I take out my work clothes. "Ught you work today!" Titi poutes "Yeah, Mrs.Daisy needs some help today" I start getting ready "But its your birthday, what kinda person makes you work on your birthday." She rants "Its only for  a few hours and I offered thank you" I say going to the bathroom "whatever just be back here on time!"

________________________________

"Order up!" I say ringing the bell. I work at a dinner called Kurbys here in New York, its ran by this older women named Mrs. Daisy. Ever since I got into to college and was in desperate need for a job she hired me on the spot ever since then sees been like a mother to me.

Daisy- Happy birthday, my baby.

She opens her arms to me and I hug her tight.

Nicki- Thank you Mrs. Daisy.

Daisy- Ohhh, I got you something my dear.

Nicki- No Mrs. Daisy, you don't have to do that.

Daisy- Nonsense honey, all the help you give this old woman, you deserve it all.

She pulls out a bracelet from her apron.

Daisy- Here honey.

I hold out my wrist and she puts the bracelet on me. It was beautiful and looked very expensive, I was surprised someone would spend so much money on me. I started to get a little teary eyed.

Nicki- Thank you Mrs. Daisy.

Daisy- No need to thank me sweetheart, you know your like the daughter I never had but always wanted, you deserve it all and don't let anyone tell you otherwise you here me.

I laughed at her.

Nicki- Yes mam. Your like the mother I never had either.

That was an understatement. My real mom was a crack head who almost killed e by putting crack in my milk bottle, ever since then I've been in foster care every one worse than the other, it wasn't until I got a full scholarship to NYU that I got away from it all, I've worked for everything I have now.

Daisy- Well I'll let you get back to work.

She went back to the back of the dinner. I continued working.
_________________________________

"Nicki come out of the bathroom!" Titi yelled at me. "Its to short, I'm taking it off!" "You better not, come out now!" I let out a loud sigh and unlocked the bathroom door, I had my head down walking out. "Oh my god!" Titi gasped "See I look ugly" I turned around going back to the bathroom.