The Lies I Tell

(This chapter is in Elena's POV.)

    Shoot. I have to get mom and dad out of the house before she comes over.
     " Hey mom and dad.. " " Yes sweetheart?" They asked "I know you want a night away from the house and I set a reservation at your favorite place!" They looked at me and at eachother. " we would love to but we have no one to watch Kasi" "I will!" I said.

    They head out for there reservation just in time. The doorbell rings and I answer it." hey Luna!!" We hugged and headed up to my room. "So.." She looked around my room. It was filled with sea-related items like starfish, sanddollars, seashells, and blue stuff. " nice room. Wanna switch?" "Nah.." I want to tell her about my secret but, if I do she could be mad at me. I'll ask some questions.. "How did you become a mermaid?" I asked. " I don't know.. It's all fuzzy. All I remember was I was swimming and I bumped my head on a rock or something. The next thing I knew I was on the shore of the lake. "Oh no.

     Kasi screamed. " Whats wrong?" I ran down the stairs " Nothing!" She giggled " Kasi!" I made her a grilled cheese sandwich and went back upstairs.

      Me and Luna were watching a movie and we had popcorn and water just like the real movie theater. She reached for the popcorn with her eyes still glued to the TV and she spilt the water on me. I got up and ran to the bathroom. I turned into a mermaid. I heard Luna run in the hallway and I could tell she was close. I closed the door and locked it. I didn't want her to know I was that mermaid. She knocked." Hey you okay?" I dragged myself to the toilet. " yeah!" I grabbed a towel and started drying myself off. I flushed to toilet and used my water power to turn on the faucet. "Go back and wait on the couch!" I finally dried myself off! I got up and put a blanket over the wet spot on the couch.

"Why did you run to the bathroom If you just had to go pee?" I don't know how to answer. " I didn't have to pee." It blurted out of my mouth. "Well then why did you run?" I sighed I can't keep the secret for long. I might as well tell her...