Chapter 7

Chapter 7

John stared at the image, memorized by it, when suddenly the person whom John had thought was Ringo (the one not in the cage) spoke. (Let's call him 'Ringo')

"Ringo!" 'Ringo' hissed, and the caged Ringo jerked his head up suddenly. He looked around wildly, but saw no one. "Ringo!" 'Ringo' repeated, and the caged Ringo looked quickly around the room, his eyes settling on something not in the image.

"He... Hello? Is there somebody there? Help! Is somebody there!?"  Ringo's voice quivered, looking off into the distance desperately. "Please! I'm in the basement, under the fireplace... I think!" Ringo yelled. 

"Nobody's there. It is I, Rathiard, and the only reason you can hear me is because I'm using magic. Your friends and I are dozens of miles away." 'Ringo' said, and Ringo's eyes widened while he blinked away tears. "Just thought I'd check up on you is all. Tell you that the plan is working swimmingly. Your fool friends have no idea of what's going on." 

"Please let me go!" Ringo cried, pulling helplessly on his chains. "Let me go, and don't hurt the others!" 

'Ringo' chuckled quietly as Ringo glanced around the room in fear. Meanwhile, John stared at the scene in front of him, unable to comprehend exactly what was going on. Rathiard. Wasn't that the person who had created the ring? But this Ringo looking person had just claimed to be Rathiard! And was that really Ringo stuck in that little cage in that dank basement? John stared at the two Ringo’s, his insides twisting at the thought that, just possibly, the Ringo that he and the other Beatles grew to know as a friend had been stuck in that basement in a cage all day and night while he (John), Paul, and George had traveled miles and miles with a stranger. 

"Rathiard, are you still there?" Ringo called suddenly, and Rathiard sighed.

"Yes Ringo?" Rathiard asked.

"Aren't you going to let me go?" Ringo asked hopefully, obviously unsure of what kind of an answer he'd receive. 

Rathiard only gave another low chuckle, and then John stared in shock as Ringo gave a shout of either pain or horror, and then there was a loud clap of thunder and the image disappeared in a blast of light. 

John felt incapable of doing anything, but sit there in a dazed stupor,  yet he saw 'Rathiard' give a deep sigh and say to himself, "Well, back to the cave and those pathetic musicians." and he began walking in the cave's general direction.

John didn't do anything at first, but then realized in a panic that if he wasn't back at the cave when Rathiard arrived, he could be easily found out. He didn't know what was going on, he didn't really know if this was the same Rathiard that had created the ring, but he had a strong feeling that this wasn't Ringo, and that something very bad had occurred when Ringo in the dungeon had given that shout. John also was aware that Rathiard could very well be extremely dangerous, and he felt a stab of panic when he remembered that Ringo had claimed that Rathiard might hurt the other Beatles. Paul and George were alone in that cave, unprotected and unaware of anything that was happening. John had to get back before Rathiard did.

John shot up from his hiding place and ran as silently as he could toward the cave entrance. He arrived quickly, and he dashed inside to see Rathiard tending to the fire. When John entered, Rathiard stood and faced him, a cheerful smile on his face. 

John's breath came in gasps, and he gulped under the watchful eye of Rathiard. 

"John, are you alright?" Paul glanced up from his place beside the wall, worry creeping into his eyes, and John slowed his breathing to the best of his ability.

"Yeah, erm... I’m fine," John nodded.

"Well you don't look it," Rathiard walked toward John, and a bead of sweat appeared on John's brow, though he was to nervous the wipe it away.