well, the truth is, i left lunch with my 'boyfriend' early to run my ass to the coffee shop to buy you a drink.

"is that a problem?" i ask, slowly moving my hand with the coffee in it closer to him. "to repay you for yesterday."

"thank you, but," he holds up his own cup. "i've got one already."

i sigh, "i wasted my money." i complain, but then laugh, drinking the hot beverage.

"your assignment is due today, you know." he informs me, looking at his computer screen.

"extension, please."

he narrows his eyes at me, "hm, your assignment is already late as is."

"i know, but i'm your favorite student." i whisper playfully. "i deserve another day or two."

he presses his lips together for a moment, "fine." he caves in and i jump, cheering.

i walk toward a desk to set my things down and he watches me carefully. i raise an eyebrow at him.

"yes?"

his lips lift into a small smile, "you're very graceful."

"are you kidding me? i'm the complete opposite of that. have you not been seeing me tripping over my own feet lately?"

he chuckles at me, "no, i have not."

"i'm not joking. i'm anything, but graceful." i emphasize.

he leans back in his chair, crossing his arms over his chest, looking at me amused. well, at least he doesn't think i'm boring.

"now, help me with my assignment?" i ask.

his smile grows and she shakes his head jokingly, "i've helped you a lot already."

"you assign difficult things." i complain.

"you are in college."

i huff, taking my laptop out of my bag and open it up. instead of deciding to do my homework, i browse through websites, online shopping. i feel damien's presence hover over me.

"is this why you haven't been completing anything?" he questions.

"correct. want a cookie?" i humor.

he shakes his head, "you only get one more day, remember." he whispers into my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

they weren't bad and that scared me a little. i continue to scroll through pages, putting various clothing articles, items and accessories into my cart. knowing me, i'll probably end up deleting everything out of it later except for one thing.

a student walks inside of the classroom, catching my attention. i shut my laptop and put it away. class is about to start and i have chosen to make an effort to actually listen to the lesson.

*

i groan, tossing my bag onto the couch. jack stares at me with an eyebrow raised and a slight smirk.

"rough day, baby?"

"very." i murmur, heading to the refrigerator to grab a juice box.

i take a sip and then offer some to jack, who of course, takes a generous drink willingly. i frown, pulling it away.

"you practically drank the whole thing!"

"i was thirsty." he tries to reason and i scowl.

"what'd you want to tell me? this morning you said that you'd tell me now." i inform him, turning to fully face him.

his large hands grab my hips, pulling me closer to him. a hint of a smile lays upon his beautiful face.

he slowly licks his lips, distracting me, "right..."

suddenly, his grip on my hips loosen and he looks a little nervous. my eyebrows pull together as i cup his cheek, trying to get his attention.

"what's wrong, jack?"

"what? nothing." he shakes his head. "i-" he starts, but then words fail him.

i wonder what topic it is that's giving him such a hard time. i've never seen him all nervous like this. he isn't the type to get sweaty when nervous. well, i wouldn't know.

"jack..." i quietly say, not wanting to pressure him into talking about something he might not want to.

he looks into my eyes before licking his lips again, "i love you."

{vote, comment, share}

this book and gold digger are really taking off omg. thank you so much for the reads, votes, and comments! STAY BASED