Chapter Fifty-Nine ۞ Aneeka vs Rowe

Start from the beginning

Charles could not help but rub the bridge of his nose while Elfre and the others were chuckling in their seats. Tamara's behavior as an announcer, though very amusing, was very blunt and went against the norms. This alone gave the fourth-ranker an extreme headache.

Lady Lerda chuckled as she applauded the girl. "I must confess, Tamara's antics are always so humorous."

"So, yes, I dislike prolonging useless introductions so let's get straight to the fight! That's what we all came here for anyways, and that's mainly the reason why I'm up here. I get the best view." She winked and clicked her tongue haughtily in a playful manner. "Aneeka and Rowe, tenth and second of the Twelve! Let's get this show running so hurry up and enter the arena!"

Rowe was dressed in brilliant aqua-blue and Aneeka in her trademark eye-color which was lavender. The lord's hair was pinned up in a high ponytail, a band around his forehead. They both came out from their respective stations and met at the center of the arena. While the second ranker was equipped with his arm blades, Aneeka had her gun, or rather guns, loaded and ready.

The design of their teams for their armors were light and were void of heavy protection. Seeing as their elements were spirit and were not exactly made for combat, they had to focus more on mobility and protection against the weapon their opponent was specializing in.

"I can't believe I will be fighting you." Aneeka muttered, looking up to stare into Rowe's russet eyes.

Rowe smiled at her. "You should have seen it coming, Neeka."

"Don't call me that name!" She exclaimed.

"Alright, are you guys done?" Tamara's voice echoed. "You're done, right? Well, folks! They're done!"

The most ridiculous thing happened after Tamara's announcement—everyone clapped. Whether it was frustratingly stupid or not, nobody knew. It made Charles sigh for the umpteenth time that hour, nonetheless, and made Elfre and the others burst out laughing.

"No time dawdling! Let's have this fight started in three!"

Rowe and Aneeka stood their tallest but tensed their muscles to prepare for the incoming exchange.

"Two!"

The two were unmoving as they waited for the impending start.

"One! Whoooo!"

Neither of the two moved until Aneeka held out her gun and fired a round of bullets at Rowe. The second ranker maintained his calm demeanor as he dodged each of her shot swiftly, moving side to side and jumping up high before flipping backwards to land perfectly on both his feet. The bullets hit the ground and sent a myriad of sand particles clouding the air. The last shot neared his face, targeting the spot between his eyes and he held up an arm, throwing the bullet off course with a swing of his blade.

"Sharp-shooter as always." The clang sent sparks flying and he calmly relaxed his arm, smiling at the girl as she loaded her gun with a click.

"I never lose my aim." She said.

"Well, then. Do I get to display my prowess?" He asked.

"By all means, do so." The tenth-ranker replied.

Rowe shot forward, his blades glinting dangerously. His body flew almost effortlessly in the air as he swung down, his right blade making a swift swipe at Aneeka's throat. The tenth ranker seemed to have predicted this move and bent back at the waist like a flexible spring, her right hand supporting her flip as both of her foot flew into the air. A hidden blade was triggered from under the soles of her boots and attempted to wound Rowe's side.