Chapter Thirty-Four ۞ The Library

Corvan lead Valeriana to his private library on the topmost floor that belonged to him. He had an assortment of books that was like a collector's dream. The room had a motif of dark green and gold. The walls were painted a midnight green shade accentuated further by golden lines.

The chairs and sofa matched the room perfectly. The tables were covered with velvet and the floor a furry carpet.

Corvan reached into one of the shelves, pulled out a leather-bound book and threw it to Valeriana. "This is the book you needed."

The front cover had the words 'Ancient Language' written in big, bold letters. A bit curious, she flipped it open and started the hunt for the word she was aiming for. Also, Corvan's meine cerielle. Hopefully, she had the right spelling in mind.

Meine was feminine of foolish and cerielle meant sorceress.

Basically stupid witch, that dumb jerk!

Flipping to the page she was looking for, signos stood for reverence. What is the key reverent for? The tomb, perhaps?

"Since you are free, I have something else in mind I need to talk to you about." He pulled out the photo and handed it to her.

Her heart literally jumped at the possibilities. "Have you found anything?"

"Something is a much better word." He corrected, reaching for a book in his shelf before reclining on the nearest armchair by a fireplace. With a snap of his fingers, the flames roared to life, eating away on the logs sitting within the chamber.

With her full attention in his hands, he intentionally lengthened the time in which he continued talking, smirking at the look of irritation and impatience growing on her face.

"Okay, get straight to the freaking point because if you don't freaking speak, Imma freaking kill you." She growled at him. "You don't know how freaking long I have been freaking waiting for this freaking moment so don't you freaking dare freaking pull that freaking crap on me—"

"Your vocabulary is obviously finite. Do you not have any other words to use?"

"So you're telling me your vocabulary is infinite? Huh?" She swiftly looked down and threw him the book angrily. "What about that meine cerielle crap you're pulling off, huh? Trying to tell me I'm stupid in another language?"

He caught the book skillfully, only to throw it back to her. "Do you not need that?"

She caught it clumsily, fumbling with the pages. "I—ugh! Yes, I need it!" Once fully stable between her fingers, she leafed through it speedily, and yelled out. "Mein!" And after a few seconds with Corvan's brows simultaneously rising to his hairline, she followed it with a, "Alievre!"

Her words roughly translated to Foolish Devil.

"You should stop using such a sacred language for that kind of use."

"Well, you should've thought of that before you started the whole thing!"

"Look," he clicked his tongue and briefly his eyes, the trademark frown appearing between his brows. "Do you want to know about what I have found or not?"

She stopped. "Hit me."

He raised a brow. "You had that sort inclination?"

Valeriana sighed. "I don't mean it literally. I mean . . . never mind, just spill okay?"

Corvan showed hesitance to continue. "Alright, so I did not originally think of this possibility. It was mainly Charles who revealed this information, you can go to him should you want to know more. Even so, since I gave you my word, I shall reveal to you what was revealed to me."