"So... how's the neighbor?"

Slowly and very weirdly, a small smile emerges on my lips and I could feel my eyes just twinkling with the memory of everything that happened yesterday in the kitchen. If only I could relive it one more time but without the phone interrupting us.

        "I'm guessing fucking amazing. Give me the deets!"

All I could think about was the feel of Colton's soft lips against my own as I explain everything that happened; from the party, to the redheaded slut, realizing my feelings, Colton coming over and confessing his, our make out session, and then me turning him down so I could just have some time to think.

Regardless of how perfect the unplanned kiss turned out, I was still pissed at him for being such a douche the other night and that will take time to maul over and think about. Colton Knight is considered as a 'ladies man' for a reason. His titles completely make him who he is and that's what terrifies me the most.

They weren't very good titles to have. Only to him they are.

Serena says nothing in return, but instead, looks at me intently. Her curious eyes bore into mine like she's searching for my soul. It's actually making me feel a bit troubled inside. She probably thinks that I'm crazy now that I kind of experienced Colton Knight and have taken a liking to him. I always pledged to myself that I wouldn't go for boys like him but look at me now. Being a goddamn hypocrite.

Stupid.

        "Are you in love with him?" Serena asks me in a serious voice as she leans over to place the empty plate of cookies on the coffee table beside us. This bitch! I didn't even get a chance to have at least on cookie, or a crumb. She's so stingy it's ridiculous! I want to put my foot down her throat and make her throw it all up. It's not going to benefit me to have puked up cookies but I'll feel better about it knowing that they are no longer in her digestive system. "...Adrian?"

I cough away the awkwardness and duck my face in my long brown hair.

        "Umm... I-I... I don't know. I'm pretty sure I-I m-most likely not?"

        "You don't sound to sure of yourself, Adri." Serena states. "What are you trying to over think?"

Ugh! She knows me so well, I'm pretty sure she can guess what I'm wearing before I even decided to wear it.

        "Everything. I'm over thinking everything." I pick up a lounge pillow from beside me and bury my head into the soft pillow to drown out my fake whining. "That's me! Adrianna Pike; over thinker!"

Serena could only but agree with me. We stay silent for a few more minutes and that's when I feel Serena place a comforting hand on my shoulder to calm my thinking down right now.

        "We're just a poison to each other." I bite back. "Colton and I, who knows!" I throw my hands up in surrender, "I don't know..."

        "Just give it time," Serena reassures me with a genuine smile. "Good things take time. I'll ship you all soon enough!" We both burst out laughing at the thought of Colton and I randomly getting a ship name and then started pretending to be crazy girls at school wanting to kill me because I ended up with Colton.

If we were to date, my social life would never be the same. Colton and I come from two different social scales and I would just have to cope with the sudden popularity of being Colton Knight's girlfriend.

Maybe that's a chance I'd be willing to take.

~

"Goldfish!" I scream at Scott.