Two Become One

It started off innocent, I swear. We had just met through sports - and I hadn't really expected her to talk to me - much less for us to become best friends.

We were texting back and forth, when she asked me, "Will you be my girlfriend?"

"You're joking, right?" was my reply.

"No, I'm not kidding. I really like you, and I want to be able to call you mine."

"Yes," as I pressed 'send,' my heart increased in pace, and I could barely breathe.

"Do you want to hang out tomorrow at my house?" she asked.

"Sure," I texted, after all I didn't really do anything during the weekends.

"Okay. Do you want me to come and pick you up or are you gonna drive here yourself?"

"I'll just drive myself," I texted.

"Okay, I'll see you then, babe," she replied.

Only then did I realize I actually had feelings for her. Strong feelings - that I wasn't used to experiencing. And it scared me because I don't think she reciprocated the same feelings as I did.

/////

I hesitantly walked up to her house - I had visited her before so I was used to just walking into her house like it was a second home.

"Hey," she said, a goofy smile appearing on her face.

I let my eyes trail up and down her body. She was wearing a pair of shorts and a sheer T-shirt with a bandeau underneath.

I swallowed.

"Hi," I said, barely able to contain myself.

"Let's go up to my room," she said, casually. "I have to show you something."

"What is it?" I asked as she hurried up the stairs.

"Come and see!" she exclaimed.

"Okay," I mumbled, rolling my eyes.

I walked upstairs and into her room.

"Hey-" I was about to say, but a hand clamped over my mouth.

She pushed me onto the bed, her eyes glazed over.

"What are you doing-" I said as she pulled her shirt over her head.

"I've been dying to do this for a long time," she said, a smirk on her face. "Ever since the day I met you."

Then her lips crashed down onto mine.

All control I recently had was gone. I laced my hands in her hair as we kissed.

"Try not to scream too loud," she said, winking.