46: It's march 22 again and im emo i can't function

Depuis le début

I laugh. Of course she burnt food to have more food. "So what were you cooking, anyway?"

She bites her lip, thinking. "Well, I don't know what I was cooking, but I can tell you what's in the pan right now" she offers.

"And what's that?" I ask, simultaneously intrigued and absolutely terrified.

"Well, there's rice..." She starts "there's an egg, there's tomato sauce, and now apparently there's a napkin and a popsicle stick. Maybe even a couple drops of melted lemon ice cream"

"Oh my god" I say. "Simone what are you doing?"

She puts the spatula down next to the stove. "I don't know"

I laugh. I turn the stove off and put the fire out for her. "Look, why don't we just order pizza or something?" I suggest.

She nods eagerly. "Yeah that's a great idea"

We walk out of the kitchen, and sit on a couch while she dials and places our order. She hangs up.

"So, how did you sleep?" She asks.

"Well I didn't" I confess, rubbing my eyes. "But Frank did, and honestly, I'm quite sure he's entered hibernation"

Simone laughs. "You must be really tired, though. Want a coffee?" I nod.

"Isn't it a bit late for coffee?" I ask, laughing a little.

"Food follows no schedule" she says with a straight face. I laugh.

"Fair enough... I can make it, if you don't mind" I say, making my way to the coffee maker before she says yes.

"Sure, go ahead" She says, walking next to me and resting her elbows on the countertop. "So... Are we gonna talk about it, or just ignore it forever?"

"What do you mean?" I ask, acting confused just to put this off for a few moments more, although I perfectly know what she's talking about.

She rolls her eyes. "Come on, Gee. I know you're smarter than that. You know, I had to wash the blood off your clothes myself, and even that left me pretty messed up".

"I'm so sorry we pulled you into this, Simone" I say, not really knowing what else to tell her.

She shakes her head. "Look, I'm not looking for an apology. After all, it was me who offered to help Frank in the first place, and it was also me who chose to walk into that office. And honestly, who knows what would've happened to you if I hadn't done it, so I would do it all over again. What I want is to know what's gonna happen now. Are we gonna keep ignoring it, are we gonna tell the police, should we keep quiet about it around Frank? Just tell me what to do and I will do it. I l- I really like you, as in the both of you, and I think I've made it clear by now that I'd do anything to help you guys, so help me out. That's all I'm asking: help me help you" she concludes, looking way more serious than I've ever seen her before.

The coffeemaker finally stops, and I take my time in pouring the coffee into a mug. "You want some?" I ask Simone.

"No, thanks" she says, then crosses her arms, expecting me to answer her question.