5: Gerard's idea

I'm not afraid to die

Im afraid to be alive without being aware of it

Frank's POV

"No, please don't do this" I beg, my voice about an octave higher than usual because of the fear.

"Why not, Frankie?" A male voice replies and I shake my head violently.

Gerard laughs at my reaction and says
"But Frankie, your birthday is in two weeks, you totally need to have a party."

"No I don't. Besides, I'm only turning seventeen, it's not a big deal" I say, changing my strategy.
It doesn't work.

"Frank Anthony Iero, you are having a birthday party. If you don't cooperate I'll have to organize it myself, and don't think I won't do it my way." He threatens.

I gulp, knowing that he's totally serious. To be honest, it frightens me what 'his way' means exactly. From what I know of my best friend, it probably involves a lot of blood and pig sacrifices. And juice. Gerard likes juice.

I shiver.

"I said no, Gerard!" I say a little louder than I intended.

The simple thought of having to actually socialize and talk to people scares me to death. You see, I get these kinda huge panic attacks in crowded places. I kinda choke and can't talk. Or think. Or breathe. It's not nice.

"Fine, then I'll do it" Gerard says, getting up from our table. He starts walking away and I have no idea where he's going, but I realize this can't be good.

He's already walked a good ten feet when I decide to follow him. With fear, I realize he's walking over to another table, where a bunch of kids I've never talked to are staring at him. I suddenly know what his plan is.

I have to stop him. I think, begging my feet to move faster, despite the wound.

Gerard gets to the table before I get to him, and I watch with horror when he sits confidently next to a dude in a Superman hoodie.

I freeze in place, looking quite ridiculous just standing there between the tables, but I don't care. I somehow manage to step a little closer to listen to their conversation.

"My friend right here is having his birthday party two weeks from now, and he'd like to invite all of you." He says. No I don't, Gerard! Please let them say no. I think, crossing my fingers.

"Yeah sure!" They all say in unison.

Fuck.

"I'm Brendon, by the way" says the dude who likes superman. "These are Oliver, Ryan and Lee" he introduces while pointing at his buds.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Gerard and this is Frank. I'll give you details tomorrow" he says, getting up.

I hate Gerard ugh.

"Okay see you then" says Oliver, waving at us.

"That was weird..." I hear one of them whisper at my back. However, his voice doesn't sound like he's mocking us, just finding Gerard's ways a little funny.

When we are finally back at our table, I sit and refuse to look at him. I am mad at him, and he needs to know that.

"Aww Frankie, you mad?" He asks me, with a tone worthy of a puppy trainer.

I look down and ignore him to express my anger. I don't even notice when he scoops closer and puts his face in front of mine.

"Don't be mad" he says, stretching his arms to reach me and pulling my lips upward and into a smile.