Part II : Chapter XXIII

Start from the beginning

                        "A few weeks ago. I was ready to come here, to see you because you don't know how much relief it brought to me to know that you were alive. But I couldn't, because the bifrost was broken."

                         "How'd you get here then?" I wondered.

                        "Dark magic."

                     "Thor," I breathed, pulling him into a hug. I knew the consequences of dark magic and for them to take a risk, meant something but I knew the only reason they went to that extent was because of Loki. His arms immediately wrapped themselves around me, his head resting on top of mine. "Last year, when you came here to Midgard, I went to look for you but when I had finally arrived, Jane told me you were gone. I was a bit too late. I saw Jane last month and she's fine, so don't worry about her. If you want, we can even talk to Agent Coulson and he'll make sure of that.-" His tense shoulders loosened and we finally let go. I placed my hand onto his shoulder and genuinely smiled."-I'm just really glad that I finally get to see you. After all these years..."

                       "I know that our trust and strong bond we once had is at its minimum right now, but I want you to know, that you can confide in me. I want to rebuild our relationship."

                         "Thor, you'll always be my brother, so of course I'd want us to be closer like we used to. I've missed having my older brothers around, especially when you would take the blame for me so I wouldn't get in trouble."

                         Thor chuckled, remembering."You and Loki were always up to no good and then you'd both drag me into it."

                          "Well, we didn't want you to miss out on the fun." 

                        "Would you ever come back to Asgard?" Thor asked and I slightly frowned. That wasn't at the top of my 'to-do' list. The only ones I would return to Asgard for were here with me, with the exception of my mother. I've always yearned for a mother growing up, and knowing that my real one is in Asgard, makes me want to go there but I don't think I'd ever muster the courage to see her. Would she accept me? Odin apparently didn't.

                       "Agent Selvig and Thor. Your presence is requested in the main control room for a meeting." Fury's voice echoed within the metal walls of my room. Thank you Fury.

                      "Come on," I said, glad that Fury had stopped me from answering.

**

                     "Where's Fury?" I asked as Thor and I walked up to the main round table. Bruce leaned forward on the back of the one of the chairs thoughtfully. Steve sat down, seats away, his head resting onto his hand. Natasha peered over at one of the screens. Tony was nowhere to be seen at the moment.

                    "He went to go pay Loki a visit." Steve answered. Then why did he request us to be here? Curiously, I glanced over Natasha's shoulder and saw what she was watching. Live footage of Loki and Director Fury.