Chapter 5 Part I: Come As You Are

Start from the beginning

"Oh my gosh! Honey you look sexy! I didn't know you had so much potential!" my mom bursts into my room completely embarrassing me but since its just Hazel witnessing it, I'm ok.

"Mom" I groan in frustration.

"She's right Ana you look smokin' And the shorts show off your legs nicely" Hazel agreed.

"I got them for her. Forever 21 had a great sale" mom tells her.

"Really? Thanks for the tip I'm definitely going there" they were chatting like they were old friends.

"Guys stop it" I rolled my eyes at them. Mom left my room and I closed the door behind her.

"Oh Ana I forgot to tell you I met this guy at the café. He's new in town and he's going to be a senior with us so I invited him to the bonfire" Hazel said as a second thought.

"That's great! Do you like him? Is he nice?" I asked excitedly. Maybe this could be her chance to move on from her obsession with Will.

"I don't know but he's definitely H-O-T" she exclaimed as if that was the most important detail.

It was exactly 9:00 pm when we heard a car horn blare outside.

"That must be Will" I said and Hazel and I rushed downstairs before mom could make it but unfortunately she was already opening the door greeting Will.

"Will! Haven't seen you in so long. Where have you been this summer? Working out it seems from the looks of it" mom questioned excitedly.

"Oh I try my best. Is Nirvana around misses C?" Will asked her looking behind her to find me standing there.

"Whoa you look...different" Will observed seeming a little speechless. "Did you do something to your hair?" he asked arching an eyebrow.

"Yes" and my clothes and eyebrows and I was wearing eyeliner but guys were pretty clueless when it came to these sort of things so I was amazed that he had noticed this much.

"Wait! One picture before you go. For Facebook" mom said rushing to get her phone.

"Your mom's funny" Will chuckled.

"That's a nice way of putting it" I said back. Mom came back with her phone, we huddled in together and she snapped the picture. Having my friends beside me I realized that for the first time since I had found out about this party I wasn't feeling too bad anymore.

The beach wasn't far from the house and with Will's insane driving we arrived in no time. I could hear the music blasting from the speakers as we searched for a spot to park in. As soon as we stepped foot onto the beach the smell of burning wood hit me like a slap in the face. The bonfire was burning proudly in the center of the beach, the beach was packed and the speakers were playing 'M83' by Midnight City. People were dancing around, sitting on the logs by the fire and some were even crazy enough to be inside the water at this hour. In conclusion, everyone seemed to be having the time of their life.

"This is a cool song" I turned to say to Hazel to find that she was already halfway across the beach. Great. We hadn't even been here five minutes and she had already abandoned me.

"Hey Will-"I started to say when I heard Will's popular jock friends call him over.

"Yo Foster! Get your ass over here man!" the guy shouted. Will hollered something back that caused them to laugh and then turned back to me. I will never understand why guys use last names to address each other.

"I gotta go but I'll be back to check on you in a bit. Have fun and socialize Nirvana. And change that expression on your face it's a party not a funeral" Will muttered in my ear over the loud music then headed toward his friends. Just awesome. I had just stepped foot on the beach and I was already alone. I was pathetic. I mean I hadn't expected Will to hang around me all night since I knew he was class president and everyone liked him but I had expected better from Hazel.