•22•

*James Vincent McMorrow - Look Out*

-

Deaton was called to the school by Allison. Again, I stayed with Melissa and Stiles just to make sure nothing went wrong. I helped Stiles take off the rest of the gauze.

"Stiles, can you go up to Scott's room? I'm gonna check your vitals" Melissa asked from the hall. Stiles nodded. I helped him up. Melissa did her thing while I waited in the hallway. I was waiting for Scott. Stiles wanted to make sure he was himself before going with us. Scott was bringing Kira's mother so she could summon the oni to test him. I heard the front door open. I looked down the stairs and was greeted by Scott's face.

"Is she here?" I asked as he ran up the stairs.

"Yeah." he nodded. I knocked on the doorframe to catch their attention. I gestured for Stiles to follow.

"Okay, let's do this." he breathed out. Scott and I helped him down the stairs.

Noshiko was waiting for Stiles with the oni. Stiles walked to them. I balled my hands into fist to keep my anxiety levels under control. The oni disappeared and Stiles fell to the floor. I ran to his side.

"Look behind his ear." Noshiko ordered. I did as she said.

"It worked." I breathed out once I saw the symbol.

"So, I'm actually me?" Stiles asked.

"More you than the Nogitsune." Noshiko replied.

"Can The Oni find him?"

"Tomorrow night. It's too close to dawn now."

"Can they kill him?" Scott asked.

"It depends on how strong he is."

"What about Lydia? Why would he take her?" Stiles asked

"He would only take her for an advantage."

"You mean her power?" I asked.

"The power of a Banshee."

Noshiko and Kira left. We needed to find Lydia. But first, Stiles needed to see his father. Scott and Stiles went down to the station while I stayed behind. Maybe my psychometry can do more than just visualize the past. I ran down the street to my house. I went up to my room and pulled the old book from my shelf.

I sat on the edge of my bed as I scanned through the pages again. Most of them talked about my parents. Everything that they were, who they were, where they came from. After all, this was a book about my family. I flipped through the pages until one caught my eye.

It was titled "Le Loup Blanc". I stared at the title for a few seconds. I don't know if I was ready to read about myself; about the white wolf. I skimmed the page, and the one after that, and the one after that. I kept flipping page after page until I found the right one.

Finally. The thing I was looking for. How to look into the future. I read the text aloud to myself.

"The white wolf has the ability to see all. To see a future, it must first, relive a past." I had no idea what that meant. I flipped the page and read again.

"With power comes loss; loss will always overcome power." Whatever power I have, I wouldn't want it if it meant losing the people close to me. But relatively speaking, I haven't been using my so called powers.

I sighed as I shut the book. That wasn't very useful. I took myself back to the McCall residence.

"Scott I- oh" Isaac stood in the living room.