Chapter Eight

"Don't want to be a stranger, want to be the one you want," Strangers, Seven Lions ft. Tove Lo

Chapter Eight - I See You're American 

- Nina's POV - 

We all managed to finish our dinner soon after I said I was okay with going to the Escape place. I was internally reluctant to go to a club, considering all of the alcohol and people that are usually in them. As I mentioned before, I've never been to a club, obviously because I'm not twenty-one. I remember Nate going to a couple after he turned twenty-one, but he didn't say much about them. 

I keeping asking myself if I look 'club appropriate' with my leather jacket and dark colored jeans. Ella said I looked fine and I'm grateful that I decided to change out of my airport clothes before we left. I was debating whether or not I should call Nate before we go, but then it hits me that it's probably best if I don't tell him at all. 

The sun set about an hour ago and everyone is already coming out into the nightlife. We ended up having to park somewhere farther away because there isn't any parking near the club, which I found kind of odd. Have they not heard of parking garages here? 

I stay close to Ella as we approach the club and my mouth immediately drops at the amount of people that are standing outside or waiting to go in. The street the club is one is kind of odd, but it is seriously busier than hell. 

"Is this how it always is?" I have to speak kind of loudly from music and chatter coming from all directions outside. 

"Yeah, for the most part!" Ella nods her head to me. She then leans over to Nikolaas and says something, but I can't hear what she says. 

Nikolaas leads us towards the front door and for some reason, we get to skip the line. I am in no way complaining though considering how many people are waiting. Only a couple people from what I noticed seemed to notice us skipping though. Nikolaas suddenly starts to speaks his native language to the bouncer. I've never heard Dutch before, but it sounds similar to German. 

"Remember, don't take drinks from random guys," Ella says before we are allowed to enter the building. The bouncer gladly accepts us to go and I give him a small smile, trying to be polite as possible. 

Not sure if I should even drink at all, I say to myself. Once we fully go in, my eyes widen, my mouth opens, and my ears screech from the loud music. 

"Holy shit, this place is huge!" I exclaim, trying my best to look around and observe everything. 

"I know! I couldn't believe it either!" Ella replies and suddenly, I end up following her and Nikolaas towards the back of the club, up a set of stairs where many tables reside. 

It's slightly claustrophobic trying to make our way back there considering how many people are jammed into this place. The colorful lights are blinding, the dance music is pounding, and the scent of strong alcohol takes over my nostrils. I notice there a DJ playing and way too many people on the dance floor to fit. I can't help but smile and laugh at the clumsiness that I witness every minute or so.