∴ part eight

after liam spoke to the girl who does the reservations, he made his way to the table shaking.

louis was looking down at his lap, probably bored out of his mind and having doubts about the date.

liam bit his lip, standing in front of the table awkwardly. a few heads turned around to look at him, and he just sent them an awkward face.

he inhaled deeply and without second thoughts, he pulled the chair and sat down. he didn't look at louis.

louis' head shot up at the sound of chair pulling.

"liam?" he confusedly asked. "what're you doing here?"

liam didn't respond. he picked up the menu instead,"did the waitress come by?"

louis nodded his head. "yeah, she did. but i told her to come later.."

liam nodded, his heartbeat speeding up.

"are you going to tell me what you're doing here? i thought you were going to a wedding."

liam pointed at himself. "wedding? me? when?"

louis leaned to him, and whispered,"liam, are you high? drunk? do you want to go home?"

liam laughed loudly, making everyone look at him annoyedly. he shook his head. "no, no."

"then?" louis pushed on the subject.

he'd like to know why his best friend was sitting right in front of him when his blind date could come at any minute and think wrongly about him, thank you.

liam ignored him again. he raised his hand up, to signal a waitress to come, and one did with a nod of her head.

louis rolled his eyes,"liam?"

the waitress came by their table,"may i help you guys?"

liam smiled at her,"yes, i'd like a lasagna and coke."

she wrote it down, and turned her body to louis,"i'll just have pasta and water, please."

she wrote it down and nodded her head,"be back in less than ten minutes." she walked away.

louis looked at him sadly,"so i take it as he's not coming?" he fiddled with his fingers.

liam gulped, and shook his head.

louis nodded, and looked down at his lap, sighing. "shocking." he whispered sadly.

liam heard him, and he just wished he had the balls to tell louis how he really felt. he wants to blurt it out. how much he loves him— but he just couldn't. the words were at the tip of his tongue, he just couldn't.

they didn't talk. not even after their food arrived. louis wasn't even eating, he was just playing around with his pasta— as was liam.

"i'm sorry."

louis looked up at him, and shrugged,"it's fine. i didn't expect him to show up anyway. it was nice of you to show up, though." louis gave him a tight smile.

he hates this. liam should've never done this. by what mind of his did he think he'd actually confess his feelings? he'd been crushing on louis, for like, what? three years? liam shook his head, dumb, dumb boy.

liam didn't say anything.

louis dropped his fork,"can we go home, please?"

liam nodded,"of course."

he signaled for the check.

louis had already got up from his seat, and made his way to the door. liam sighed. when he got the bill, he quickly put how much ever he needed to and walked out.

when he walked out, he saw louis leaning against a wall with one hand in his pocket and the other holding a cigarette.

"since when did you start smoking?"

louis shrugged,"after harry's first cheat." he puffed out the smoke.

liam walked to him,"wanna go walk? there's a park down there."

"sure."

liam took the cigarette from his mouth, and inhaled it,"you okay?"

"depends on you're definition of okay."

liam gave him his cigarette back after two inhales and exhales. "do you feel like breaking down?"

louis shrugged,"not really."

"then you're okay."

liam took a turn left, where the park was.

louis snorted,"i'm so stupid. i actually thought he'd show up. why didn't he show up anyway?"

"he was too nervous."

louis shook his head,"nervous my ass." when there was nothing left of his cigarette, he let it fall to the ground and smashed it well with his shoes.

"i thought he'd show up, too."

"i'm going to be lonely forever. i'm twenty two! i should be getting settled down, and having kids."

liam stayed silent.

"i actually don't feel like walking anymore. can we please go home?"

"of course."

without any questions asked, liam and louis turned and walked to liam's car, liam leading.

"why'd you park it at such a weird place?"

liam smoothly lied,"that was the only available one."

louis got in the car once liam unlocked it.

***
the ride back home was silent. the radio wasn't even on. when they reached liam's home, louis shut the car door with a slam which made liam flinch.

he watched louis go in in his unlocked house.

liam gave himself a prep talk. today is the day where he actually confesses his feelings. where he tells louis how much he loves him. he can do it he will do it.

liam locked his car and went inside his house.

"louis?" he shut the door and took off his jacket and loosened tie. he yelled his name again.

he went upstairs to his (their) room, and heard water running.

he knocked softly on his bathroom door,"louis?"

"yes?"

"can we talk later?"

louis closed the water tab, and opened the door,"sorry i couldn't hear you."

liam flushed. louis was only wearing his underwear. "can we talk later?"

louis smiled,"of course, li! my shower won't take long, i promise."

liam nodded, and louis closed the door.

he is going to do this.

he will.

i'm such a horrible person and even more of a horrible writer fuck omg its ok i hate myself just as much as y'all hate me

but guess who's sort of back!! i swear to god i'll try my best to update at least once a week (which will be hard bc my exams have started lmfao)

if you're still here and actually like and will wait for me to get over my laziness, i love you so much

:-)) until next time xx