Chapter 1 - The Contract

Jihyun's POV

"What exactly are we doing here?" Sohyun asks me as we have been waiting in the Big Hit Entertainment headquarter lobby for almost fifteen minutes.

"Don't know. I got the mail saying there's something important and we have to be here at twelve o'clock. I know nothing more than you do," I reply, shrugging my shoulders.

Hyuna gives a glance at her watch while Sohyun gives a suspicious glance at me since I'm the leader and most of the time I'm the first one to find out about important things going on.

Suddenly, we hear the door open. All of us look at the door and see seven boys with sunglasses and hats, just like us. If I'm not mistaken, they must be some boy group since nobody would wear that much clothes in summer on their free will. They're probably hiding from the media and cameras like us.

Other girls turn their heads back to their smartphones and so do I, but I've got a feeling like I've seen them before. I'm not sure if I've seen them live or on a picture, but somewhere definetly.

I see a man with a black suit coming to them and saying a few words to the tallest boy in the group. They get up and follow him to one of the meeting rooms.

It doesn't take a minute until the same man comes to us. I look up at him questioningly.

"I'm sorry for the wait. Would you follow me, please?" he says and so we do.

He's walking over to the room where I saw the boys going. Is it a mistake?

The man opens the door and lets me in first. Surprising how he determined the group's leader, me, at first even though all of us girls have hid our hair under hats and jackets to make sure nobody realises who we are.

Inside the room are sitting seven boys, the same ones who were invited inside at first. A couple of them are still taking off everything they need to stay unknown.

I look at their suprised faces when they see us. My face must also look this way since I'm starting to realise who they are, but I'm not quite putting the pieces together.

Think, Jihyun, think!

I quickly study the tall and blonde boy's face. That's when I understand who they are.

I quickly look over at Jiyoon who seems to have realised the same as I.

"Is this BTS?" I whisper and she nods excitedly. Neither of us know what to do right now, but luckily, the man in a suit lead us over to a small wardrobe already full of the boys' clothes.

We take off our sunglasses, coats, hats - everything hiding our identity and stuff them inside the wardrobe.

We turn around and look at the boys' faces to see if they manage to figure out who they are.

"Hey, are you 4Minute?" one of the boys, Rap Monster asks surprisedly. A little smile shows up on my face, but I manage to hide it the best way I can.

"Yes, and you must be BTS," I try to say as politely as possible even though I didn't think a group so huge already could know about us even though our reputation has been skyrocketing for the past month.

I see five seats where are five little signs with out names on them. I sit against Rap Monster and between Hyuna and Gayoon. We're behind a rectangular table, but one of the seats is not occupied. There are seven places on both of the longer sides of the table and one place on the short side of the table. Two chairs have been taken away from our sides.

Judging by our placement, someone definitely wanted it to be this way. Why would the leaders be sitting opposite of each other then?

Minutes pass and pass. The awkward tension and the much more awkward glances towards each other have become too much for even me to take.

"What's this about?" I look at Rap Monster who's surfing his phone.

"If I'd know, I'd tell you," he says monotonically without even looking at me. Rude much.

I see Suga looking at me with an apologetic smile and I smile back at him. Good to know there are some kind people out there.

The door opens, revealing a man who I've seen before a few times. The Big Hit Entertainment's leader.

"We'll have to do quickly," he says as I roll my eyes and notice Rap Monster do the same. We've been waiting in here for half an hour already. The man with the suit who led us here has also disappeared.

"So," the man sits down behind the table, "I know you may not like the idea at first, but you'll have to accept it or it's going to be bad."

We're going to promote each other, is my guess.

"So," the man breathes in before saying anything, "we're sending the both of your groups on a tour in the USA and the UK."

"What?" I shout with Rap Monster at the same time, "no way we're doing this!"

The man shoots the both of us a warning glare meaning it's better to shut up. He can't do any harm to me since me and the girls are under another label, but they could dismember BTS which would be the end of the world for hundreds of thousands of girls. And I don't want to make so many people sad. I know a couple of extremely obsessed fangirls who would kill themselves if anything would happen with BTS. So I'm not taking any risks.

"Why?" Rap Monster asks the man.

"We need to promote you. You're not famous enough yet," he says and my blood is slowly starting to boil. I cross my arms.

"What if we won't say yes?" I ask the man who only grins.

"I have already spoken to Cube Entertainment. They happily agreed. And if you don't, the both of you are going to be dismembered."

This man is made out of evil smirks and a dark soul.

"So if we say no, we're doomed," Rap Monster sighs and looks over at his group members while I do the same.

"I guess we have to say yes," I shrug my shoulders. Without anymore words, the man hands us the contracts with the same grin on his face as previously. Ugh. If only I could bash that grin off his face.

All of us sign the contracts reluctantly. Hyuna is the only one actually bothering to read the papers. She's the one with a solo career, but the rest of us would have to basically sell our soul to the devil if we want to continue working in the showbiz.

She irritatedly raises her eyebrows at the man.

"Four months with those crazy boys?"

All of us feel very uncomfortable due to the idea of spending four months with someone who helps to promote each other.

"I know I can't force you, but if you say no, those two bands are dismembered right now," he says and Hyuna knows from our pleading looks that she has to agree. As the last one, she signs the contract and hands it back to the man.

"The plane is leaving tomorrow at four PM, a cab will come and get you at three. Be at your dorms and pack everything you're going to need. The first stop is New York. I'll let someone send you a mail with the information", he says before getting up from his chair and leaving the room. Just like that. I've never felt more overpowered in my life.