Chapter Five

Stiles shifted uneasily in his sleep under Theo's exhausted yet concerned gaze. The nightmares have been consistent through the last few days despite the week that had passed since the actual murder. Stiles still felt guilty, still felt that it was his fault Theo killed the chimera, and he knew it was definitely his fault that Donovan was dead.

"Hey Stiles," Theo whispered as he gently rubbed the pale boys shoulders. "Stiles, it's ok,"

Stiles gasped as he awoke but was instantly calmed by the Theo's voice and his muscled arms that were now wrapped around his body.

"Are you ok babe?" Theo asked.

"Yah," Stiles sighed. "Just a nightmare,"

Theo knew that it wasn't just 'a nightmare'. It was Stiles' mind making him relive the night he killed Donovan. It was Stiles' mind punishing itself for something that wasn't his fault.

Theo rolled onto his other side so that he wasn't facing Stiles anymore and let out a breath. It was partially his fault that this was happening to Stiles. He involved Stiles in another murder, another necessary murder. Why couldn't Stiles see that? If Theo didn't show up and kill the chimera, Stiles would be dead instead!

On the other hand, Theo didn't have to kill the chimera. If he was more calm at the time, if he had just an ounce more of self control, he could have...He probably still would have killed the chimera. He would do anything to ensure Stiles' safety. Anything.

"Goodnight Theo," Stiles whispered groggily. The words sounded so innocent, so pure, coming from him. It just made Theo further realize that he needed to protect Stiles more.

"Stiles," Theo said, turning onto his side again. "You know i'm always going to protect you, right?"

"Shut up you big goof," Stiles said sleepily. "Love you,"

"Goodnight," Theo said. He wrapped his arms around Stiles' waist and pressed his bare chest against stiles' back. "I love you too,"

"What i'm saying, Stiles, is that I haven't seen you, much less heard from you, in the past three days!" Scott said, clearly frustrated.

"I'm sorry," Stiles started, trying to think of an excuse. "I just-"

"Stop lying," Scott groaned. "Stiles, I'm so tired of you-"

Theo stomped through the main entrance and walked right up to Scott where he grabbed him by the throat and shoved him against his locker.

"Whatever you were going to say to him, say to me," Theo spat angrily. When he realized people were looking he loosened his grip on Scott's throat and held his hands into fist at his sides.

"What the hell, Theo?" Scott asked incredulously.

"I am sick and tired of seeing you treat Stiles like your sidekick over and over again!" Theo raged. "He owes you nothing, if anything, you owe him! You're the only reason Stiles is in this shit hole,"

Scott readjusted his shirt and glared at Theo before turning to Stiles.

"I didn't realize you're boyfriend would be here," Scott sneered. He said the word 'boyfriend' like it disgusted him although Stiles didn't understand why. A few weeks ago, Scott thought it was funny that he called Theo cute.

"We aren't boyfriends," Stiles sighed, and then looked at Theo who readily defended him. "...Yet,"

"Whatever," Scott said. "But- Just call me later, or something,"