Chapter Three

"There hasn't been any news on the dread doctors," Scott explained. "I think that they're up to something,"

"They most definitely are up to something, that's already been established Scotty," Stiles sighed. "We just need to find out what exactly their evil plan is,"
Theo frowned as he listened in to their conversation. Since when did Stiles call Scott "Scotty"? Stiles must not have taken the events of a few days ago seriously, even though it had seemed real at the time to Theo.

'I hope he got the hint that I like him in that way,' He thought to himself. He walked into their biology class and took a seat at the lab table adjacent to the one that Stiles sat at with Scott. He began inconspicuously watching them, noticing small things that made him angry. He hated the way that Scott smiled at Stiles and the way that Stiles smiled back. He envied their close relationship and how comfortable they were around each other. He despised himself for being jealous of Scott Mccall and his friendship with Stiles.

He sat back in his chair and tried to listen to the teacher explaining genes, chromatin, and spindle fibers, but his mind kept wandering. Did he fuck up somehow on sunday? Did he creep Stiles out by taking his shirt off at breakfast? He was just trying impress him but maybe he came on too strong...

"So, get in partners and discover the possible genotypes for you and your partner's theoretical offspring with the given traits!" Mrs. Bradbury said. Theo ducked his head and sighed, he hated this part. Nobody would want to be his partner and he would have to tell the teacher and then the whole class would know that Theo Raeken doesn't have any friends.

He pouted as he turned around to see if anyone else was left partnerless and was faced with Stiles.

"I uh-Scott wanted to talk to Liam about something," Stiles said quickly. "Do you want to be partners? If not I coul-"

"Of course," Theo smiled. He wanted to say how grateful he was but he didn't want to seem as desperate as he actually was.

The pair collected the packets from their teacher and began working diligently on their assignment, neither of them saying anything that strayed from the topic of biology, until Theo couldn't take it anymore.

"Did you enjoy sunday?" Theo asked abruptly. He listened as Stiles heart skipped a beat and then remained on a higher pace.

"Yeah, I j-just-" Stiles stuttered, blushing furiously. "Did it mean anything to you? When you kissed me?"

"It was special to me," Theo said quietly. He scribbled lightly on his paper to avoid eye contact.

"It's just that- I don't know. I guess I'm still figuring things out?" Stiles said. It was more of a question that a statement and Theo just bit his lip and nodded dejectedly to it.

After that, they went back to solely discussing their work which was more than a little awkward. Theo enjoyed the time he spent with Stiles, he just wished that Stiles felt the same way.

"Do you want to hang out tonight?" Stiles asked suddenly. Theo thought it was his imagination at first, but thank god, he was wrong.

"Yes, of course!" Theo said a little too excitedly.

"It's nothing fun, I just need to stop by the hospital later on," Stiles added. "But after that we can swing by my house. My dad works the night shift today so you can sleep over ,"

"It's a date," Theo beamed. "Well, you know what I mean,"

'Fuck, why did I say that,' He thought, mentally setting himself on fire.

"Yeah," Stiles smiled. "I know exactly what you mean,"

Stiles stared wide-eyed at the chimera before him- What the hell just happened? He had just been dreaming about how his mother was saying that it was his fault she was dying...Was that true?

"Woah, woah, woah-" Stiles said as the chimera stepped closer. It tried to slash at his chest with its taloned fingers but Stiles threw himself onto the ground and rolled farther away.

"Come on dude, just-" Stiles started. It slashed at his chest, cutting through the thin fabric of his shirt and slicing into the soft skin of his chest. He fell onto the ground, pinned beneath the chimera's weight-

"Get OFF of him!" Theo growled as he dug his claws into the chimeras side, ripped him off of Stiles, and flung him at the wall like he was no more than a rag doll. He knelt beside Stiles and examined the wound on his chest, lightly running his fingers over the shallow incisions. "Are you ok?"

"I'm Ok," Stiles gasped. What the hell was happening? Theo returned his attention towards the chimera who was hissed at them before springing at Theo. All Theo did was slash the chimera's face, killing it, to end the fight.

"D-did you just kill him?: Stiles asked. He clutched his stomach which was still bleeding slightly. Theo once again knelt at his side with a concerned gaze and placed a hand over Stiles' chest.

"You're in pain," Theo frowned. "I'm so sorry I didn't come up here with you, I-I-"
"Theo, this isn't your fault," Stiles muttered. He was helped off the ground by Theo and together they walked to the dead chimera's corpse. "You killed him,"
"It was in self-defense," Theo said darkly. "I know that you did something similar,"

Stiles' heart sank. He turned away from Theo and walked to the edge of the hospital roof where he watched the myriad of people entering and exiting, all of them having their own worries and concerns.

"I won't tell anyone about this," Stiles said finally. "Please don't tell anyone about Donovan, if Scott found out I killed someone..."

"Hey, you killed Donovan in self-defense, Ok?" Theo said. He walked over to Stiles, who was now teary eyed and shaking slightly from the adrenaline from the fiight and the cold night's air. "What you did was self-defense, just like what I just did here,"

"I keep telling myself it was self-defense," Stiles said. "But I wanted him dead. I wanted him to be killed, Theo,"

Theo now wrapped a reassuring arm around Stiles' waist, and rested his chin on Stiles' shoulder. "It wasn't your fault and you need to realize that," He whispered.

"Thank you," Stiles said. He moved out of Theo's backwards embrace and over to the body. "What are we going to do with this?"

"Well someone is stealing the bodies, how about we find out who?" Theo said. "But before we do that, we need to get you patched up,"

"Yeah Ok," Stiles said. He lifted up the base of his shirt, revealing the small cuts on his chest again. "It's not too bad,"
Theo walked over to the body and put a blue tarp over it before going to Stiles and grabbing his hand. He lead Stiles back into the hospital and smiled at him.

"When I saw him attacking you, I got so angry," Theo said. "I didn't mean to kill him when he jumped at me..."
"I know," Stiles consoled. "I know exactly what you mean,"

They continued walking down together and took some bandages out of a random unoccupied hospital room. Stiles took off his shirt and allowed Theo to gently wrap the bandages around his stomach. Theo admired Stiles' body and how it was slim and beautiful. He wasn't very muscular like Theo but he was still gorgeous and very attractive.

"All done,"Theo smiled as he applied the last of the material. He helped Stiles put his shirt back on and held his hand again as they walked to the roof together to retrieve the body until Stiles stopped.

"I don't think I can do this," Stiles said. "I can't do this, I really can't,"

"Hey," Theo said he put grabbed both of Stiles' shoulders with his hands and looked him in the eyes. "You can do this. We can do this. Just go pull up your jeep to the back, ok? I'll do the rest,"

"O-Ok," Stiles said.

"You're gonna be Ok," Theo whispered reassuringly as he leaned in for a kiss. "We're both going to be Ok,"