Goodbye Heaven's Arena

Start from the beginning

"Really? Are you prepared?" I ask Gon, actually curious about how his training has been going.

"Yup, Wing-san has taught Killua and I all the basics of nen." He replies happily.

"Why'd you tell her that?" Killua elbows Gon in the side.

"Why not? Skyler's our friend." Gon's innocence flairs in his eyes.

"She's working for Hisoka, we can't trust her." Anger bubbles up in me and I push it down.

"First of all, I'm right here. And I can hear everything you're saying." I glare pointedly at Killua. "Second of all, I don't 'work for Hisoka' that's absolute insanity. I just do whatever I think is going to be the most fun. But," I look at Gon this time, "Killua's right about something, you can never trust anyone. Including your very own self."

"I don't care. I trust you, Skyler, even if you don't want me to." Gon's stubborn, I'll give him that.

"Fine, sell your soul to the Devil, it'll be your problem. Just remember, Hisoka's more than he seems, so be careful. I meant what I said earlier about not wanting you to get hurt." Truth be told, if something really bad happens to Gon, my main source of entertainment would be cut off. "I wish you luck in your match tomorrow, I'll be watching, so don't disappoint, okay?"

"Okay, Skyler. I'm going to try my best."

"Bye, guys." I ruffle Killua's head once and I can feel the irk radiating from him as I leave. Still adorable, that little ex-assassin. It really is a shame that Gon's converted him.

---------------------

Hisoka's won nine times and lost three times, all forfeits. They stand face to face, eyes piercing each other's souls when Hisoka gives quite the light show with his crotch. Gon's not fazed and Hisoka manages to control himself when the referee begins the match.

Gon, being the simple minded person he is, starts the action off by springing towards Hisoka with a flurry of lightning fast moves. Of course Hisoka dodges each and every one, not at all unsettled by the wave of movement. He calmly knocks Gon to the ground multiple times and when the battle relaxes to a more tranquil state, it is very noticeable that Hisoka hasn't moved an inch and Gon is covered in bruises. Fortunately none of which are on his neck.

Hisoka gains one point while Gon only gains fatigue.

Gon resorts to one of his few tricks and decides to flip a stone. Hisoka's own arrogance is his downfall and the confusion blinds him while Gon slips behind a broken piece and finally gets his own retaliation in with a punch of his own. This time to the face. Hisoka's small eyes widen in surprise, or maybe satisfaction. I'm still not sure if he's both a sadist and a masochist.

Gon's plan awarded him with a critical hit and two points.

A complete lull interrupts the fight when Gon calmly walks up to Hisoka and hands him a circular tag. Ah, yes, that's right. Hisoka said he could only return the tag when Gon returned a blow to the face.

Hisoka's kind enough to once again allow his opponent time to rest while he gives a speech that can weaken his opponent mentally as well. He delivers quite an interesting talk about nen types. Nailing each one. Without allowing Gon to recover from shock, Hisoka launches his own barrage of attacks on Gon. There is no mercy in his eyes as Gon is pummeled into practically nothing.

However, everything happens so quickly and a total of two points are relinquished to Hisoka for a critical hit. I lick my lips, the fun has just begun. A tingle rushes through my spine as Gon is yanked forward by Hisoka's creative bungee gum. Hisoka plays with Gon like a yo-yo a bit before giving him a quiz. A quiz that has no more a meaning then play tricks on his simpleton mind and make the show more interesting for the audience.

My eyes are ablaze with excitement as the rest of the fight is one sided and Hisoka lets loose a tad more and Gon can't deal with it. And when he actually manages to block one, the referee still awarded points to Hisoka. A quick frown is placed upon my lips. What kind of referee can't handle the beating of another human being? Isn't it his job to watch these fights everyday and judge fairly?

Anyhow, with one last cheap trick, Hisoka being the clown he is, steals his last point, ironically using a piece of rubble from the previous broken slab of tile and using his bungee gum to slingshot it at Gon's face.

Hisoka says a few more words to Gon before casually walking away from the shocked boy still left on his knees from the disturbance.

A/N: I'm so sorry it's been so long since I updated! I honestly have had serious writer's block, and it's evident in my writing since I moved the plot along quite quickly. I hope as I get into the next arc I'll be able to write something more interesting. Please accept my apologizes.