Can There Be Too Many Zoldycks?

Chapter 6

The next day I wake up feeling indifferent, but a little confused. Why would I be dreaming about my family now? I shake off the confusion, I hope the next exam will be fun!

After taking a shower, the airship was 10 minutes from landing at the next site. The third phase of the Hunter Exam is about to begin, and based on the first two, it should be a breeze. When everyone gets off the ship, the green jellybean starts to tell us how to pass this phase. Trick tower, the way to pass is to reach the bottom, seems simple enough. But, how do they want us to get down? And 72 hours, I make a new goal for myself. Half that time, 36 hours.

This super cocky guy starts to scale down the tower without realizing the man-eating birds that soon kidnap him and fly away. One less person to compete with, who can complain? If you can't go on the outside try the inside, so I stamp my feet on the top, of the tower, and based on the vibrations, I can tell that there are many ways down. Finding my own trap door, I slip through and land in a crouch on the floor. As I wait for my eyes to adjust, I sense for any presences around me. One.

My eyes finally adjust and I blink a few times to get my bearings. Sitting on the other side of this somewhat small room, is Gittarackur. He stands up in jerky uncoordinated movements that are accompanied by clicking noises. A voice from an intercom cuts through the air.

"Number 301 and number 333. You must work together to get to the bottom of the tower. But before you can do that, you must inject yourself with this liquid. It will allow us to know if you are telling the truth or not when questions are asked. Best of luck, you may begin." The intercom goes dead, and a panel in the wall opens up with two needles. With neither of us really caring if it is poison or not, we each grab a needle and inject ourselves in the arms.

I don't feel any effects at all, but I turn myself toward the only door in the room that has a small screen on it. Words immediately light up the screen. What is your name? There are also two boxes underneath the question. They already know my name, so it doesn't really strike me as a hard question.

"Skyler Katoh." I say casually. One of the boxes is filled with a green circle.

"Gittarackur." He says in a robotic voice. The box is filled with a red X and a voice over the intercom speaks out.

"You must tell the truth when speaking the answer. You have three chances or you fail." The intercom buzzes out. I turn my head to Gittarackur, waiting to know his true identity. Without hesitation or a change in facial expression, his voice speaks again.

"Illumi Zoldyck." I involuntarily gasp. And the square lights up with a green circle and opens.

The assassin and I exchange a look before he speaks,

"I guess there is no use hiding this now, it is very uncomfortable anyway." Taking one pin out after another, his blue mohawk slowly changes into long glossy black hair and small ugly eyes into large, deep, dark, doll eyes that you could get lost in. Manipulator. While I stare at him, he decides to step through first. I soon follow.

How much of this is a coincidence? Killua is here and now his older brother. Why? This bothers me slightly. Looking at the back of Illumi, I find myself losing focus by the way his hair swishes back and forth, almost hypnotizing, I try to ignore it. We walk for a short minute before encountering another door. This time the door asks us another question. How old are you.

"24" Illumi states in that emotionless voice and a green circle appears. I wait a second before testing out this serum myself.

"13" I state and the red X flashes on the screen. Illumi looks down at me as if curious, although his facial expression still does not change. I sigh,

"18." The green circle replaces the red X and the door opens. I let loose my changes as well, and I get a couple inches taller, from 5 foot 4 inches to 5 foot 7 inches, and my breasts get slightly larger from flat to B-cup, nothing is really that different. Illumi is not fathomed by the changes. We continue on... but don't make it far.

There is another door less than 10 feet from the previous one. "This one is a little different, you will state your biggest fear, and then while one of you steps through the door on your right, you will have to face that fear. The other member gets to watch everything that is happening to you. Thanks for taking that serum by the way, it lets us do more than know if you're telling the truth or not." a full five seconds pass before I turn to Illumi and say,

"You wanna go first or shall I?" He looks at me and says in a quiet voice,

"Ladies first." I nod and think for a few seconds. What is my biggest fear? I don't really know, then it hits me.

The fear of intimacy. Involves the fear of being touched and fear of love and also balloons. Now don't start being all "that chick is weird" or anything. I have legitimate reasons, I was never loved as a child, so I had to learn to live without it, and the only time people ever did touch me was to hurt me. Although, now I am good with people touching me, like shaking hands or fighting, it is just the touches of love and care that freak me out. That's why Hisoka doesn't bother me, as well as perverts. All they want to do is take advantage or use me. It's not real love.

The balloon thing is a completely different reason though, they just freak me out. The way they swell in size and then when they pop, the noise is loud, and then the balloon flies so fast in different directions. But, not only that, people are willing give these to other people to celebrate. Like oh it's definitely not weird that I am giving you a partially transparent sack of rubber filled with a gas that you can't use to breath, that will also make your voice change when you breath in and eventually make you pass out. Note the sarcasm.

Taking a deep breath, I sum up my fears. "I am most afraid of people who care about me and balloons." The panel opens to the right and I start walking to it. Illumi actually has an expression this time, slight bafflement.

I walk into the room, and as the door closes behind me, I see a chair.

"Please take a seat." A voice rings out. I do, and straps chain me to the chair. A piece of dark glass incircles my head before stopping and covering my eyes.

"Let us begin." The voice says eagerly and I am thrust into darkness.

A/N: Thanks for still reading. That was me trying to be creative, sorry if it doesn't make sense or if Illumi becomes a bit OOC, it is a little hard to speak for people who are so mysterious. Lol. But is it just me, or is Illumi really awesome, I don't know why he is in my top favourite characters from hunter x hunter. He just is.