Chapter 6: Saving the Vet

"So..." Scott says, plopping down on the bed next to me.

"So." I say, nodding my head. 

"Do you want me to start or...?"

"No, I can start." Scott says, pursing his lips. "I said I love you."

"So did I."

"And I meant it."

"So did I."

"What do you want to do?" 

I was taken aback by the question. "What do you want to do?"

"I asked you first."

"I asked you second." I try but earn a playful glare. "I guess I want to..." I stop, not actually knowing what I want. "I want to go on a date." I say, my cheeks flaring red.

"So would I." Scott smiles. 

"Great."

"Awesome." We both nod our heads and look down.

"Oh my god, just ask her already!" We hear Isaac yell from the other room. If possible, I feel my cheeks burn even more as I glance at Scott.

"Would you like to go on a date with me?" He asks, his face slightly red.

"I would love to." I smile.

"Good."

"Great."

"Yeah..." Scott licks his lips before glancing at mine. He slowly leans in and presses his lips to my cheek. He leans back and smiles slightly as I bite my lip. He gets up but I stop him before he gets to the door.

"Scott, wait." I say, getting up.

"Yeah— oh!" Scott exclaims as I smash my lips against his.

I slowly move my head back and smile shyly. "Finally!" Isaac yells from his room.

"Shut up!" I yell in response, earning a slight chuckle from Scott.

"I'm gonna go give my mom some dinner. Be home soon." Scott says, kissing my nose before heading out.

I smile to myself as I sit on my bed. I laugh a little as I think, I'm dating Scott McCall...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up early the next day to find that both Isaac and Scott are not in their rooms. I walk over to Melissa's room and see that she is sleeping as well. I look down at the floor and laugh. Scott and Isaac are sleeping on the ground.

My laugh must have woken Melissa because the next thing I know, I hear her say, "Really boys?" She looks at me with an eyebrow raised. I shrug as she sighs. "Boys!" Both boys wake up with a start and stand up quickly. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Uh, we were watching over you." Isaac says, looking at Scott.

"We wanted to make sure you weren't the third sacrifice." Scott says, making me think back to yesterday when we discovered that the next group of sacrifices was healers.

"Both of you were asleep." I giggle, making the boys turn towards me.

"Is that my shirt?" Scott asks, looking at a flannel of his. I put it on last night because I got cold.

My cheeks flare up as I look down. "Uh..."

"You were on watch last." Scott says, furrowing his eyebrows and ignoring my flustered expression.