Prologue

It's been a long time but I am going to start actively working on this book again 

Hope you enjoy it. Make comments and keep me engaged and we just might finish this.

Thanks

Kal

***************

(Cian's POV)

Nina's body was on fire. It felt like her blood was boiling. The heat coming off her was so hot it was actually searing the flesh from her mother's arms as she carried her up the steps. The evil Fae witch had done something thing to her. Something no one could have expected. It changed Nina Marie's fate and mine. Now we were irrevocably tied together for all eternity. Nothing could keep us apart. Not even space or time itself.

Nina kept trying to speak but her throat was raw from all the shifting she'd done earlier today. Katarina the evil Fae witch used a nasty spell that slammed into Nina's body and forced Nina to shift constantly between her forms. Wolf, vampire, tiger, wolf, tiger, vampire. Over and over her body changed until all of Nina's bones snapped one too many times and they started to turn to dust.

Then, just as she'd lost all hope for peace, Nina's blood heated. That was my fault. I tried to reach for Nina and pull her into my world, but she slipped through my fingers. I know at first my touch brought a sense of warmth that actually took some of the pain away for her. But as time continued Nina's blood continued to heat to the same degree as mine and the heat became too hot to be considered anything but excruciating. Nina was writhing in pain by the time her aunt Leona submerged her in a bathtub of ice cubes. I could hear the ice cubes hiss and pop as they cracked and melted from the heat of Nina's body.

I gathered all the magic I possessed and reached across the veil for Nina a second time. This time I firmly felt my fingers wrap around her soul. I knew her head felt heavy and her vision blurred even more as I tore her from her world and drug her into mine. I sang my spell as loudly as I possibly could in an attempt to use my voice and the song to lull Nina into a peaceful and painless sleep.

It would be days before she opened her eyes. I would need to prepare her for a world she couldn't possibly imagine. Thinking back, I realized that Katarina must have been my original soul mate. We'd never met and therefore never bonded. In fact, I had never felt the presence of my missing soul until it attached itself to Nina.

Somehow when Katarina cast her love spell followed by a true mate spell, she must have managed to tear my missing soul from her own body and cast it out into the open. Then during one of Nina's shifts between her animals she somehow pulled in the piece of my soul and inadvertently bonded with it and me.