"Not really," says Carmela. "I mean, I actually doubt that she's legit Chloe's mom. I think she's dark."

"I think so too," I interject, remembering the strange vision I had earlier in the day. "I am nearly certain that whoever is masquerading as Chloe Nyles's mother is not so. And I'd rather not come face to face with some dark magical creature right now, although I suspect that it will become inevitable."

"We have to sneak in." 

The statement comes from Carmela. She's staring back at the building with a determined expression on her face. "It's the only way. The dark aren't playing fair, and we aren't going to either. And like Keela said, we've got to get to Chloe."

"Sneak in?" asks Mike. He gives a little chuckle, grinning up at the sky. "I never thought that I would ever do something like that in my life. Always a good guy, right? But you're right. We have to do that. For the good of society. For the good of the world."

"Oh, get over yourself," says Carmela, playfully smacking her brother on the back of his head. "You're not some freaking saintly boy, you're a member of a society that murders, like, vampires in our free time. Don't tell me that you've never thought of what it would be like to break in somewhere."

He gives her a funny look. "Of course I haven't! Why, have you? Never mind, that was a stupid question. Of course you have. My little sister the felon."

"Shut up! I'm only younger by eight minutes, you little-"

"Carmela! Mike!" reprimands Amanda. "We don't have time for your childish bickering. But yes, we do have to sneak in, Carmela."

"Whatever Mikey boy," says Carmi, rolling her eyes. Then her face turns serious. "So, does anyone have any idea how? Because I actually have no idea. I've already done my part, coming up with the idea in the first place, in my defense. And I'm supposed to be the brawns of the operation, Mike is the brains."

"Disguises?" I offer, remembering vaguely a time when I was a little girl that Ailie were playing dress up in one of the tents. I was just a little girl, two or three at the time. I barely have any memories of that time, but I remember this experience because of the severe reprimanding we got from it. That tent wasn't for playing, Mother said. It was for disguises, for missions, and I would know when I was a big girl.

I guess I'm a big girl now.

"That would help," says Amanda. "Dressing up as a nurse, I suppose. Or a janitor, or an orderly, or something, whatever we can find... Although I'm not sure where we would get those clothes from. So I guess that rules that one out."

"We need to provide a distraction," says Mike. "Do something that would get everyone out, or looking away, so that we can sneak in. We don't all need to be there. Someone can provide the distraction, and if we can just get Keela in, the rest of us can try to follow behind her."

"What?" I ask. "No, I'm not going up alone! You guys are coming with me. I do not know what to do once I reach her. I refuse!"

"You're the Sleeping Girl," says Mike. "Or the old one, anyways. And she's the new one. You have to get to her, you're the most important. The most powerful. You've said so yourself for these past few days. That you can be independent." His mouth twitches in a smirk, and I mentally curse myself for being so impudent for these past few days. If I've learned anything so far since waking up, I suppose it's that I need others help, that I really can't do everything.

I glare at him. "Well, I guess I've changed then. I can't save her alone. I need somebody else to help me get in there. What if some dark creature jumps out at me? Remember when Amanda so harshly forced me to always have somebody else with me?"