Close encounters with gorillas and Matthew

I'll make a long story short; I got a detention from Umbridge, about 5 sympathetic looks, and a scar on my hand that reads,'I will follow directions the first time given.' I walked out of her office and turned to go to the great hall. I almost turned on the spot when I saw the Weasley twins sitting on a stone bench against the wall. Keyword: Almost.

"Katie," Fred said, beckoning me over.

I could tell it was Fred, because his sweatshirt had a huge F on it. I pulled my jumper sleeves down over my hands so that they wouldn't see.

"Yes?" I asked, pretending to be cold.

"George and I would like to take you up on your offer for three Galleons," I scoffed as he said this.

"We both agree that 6 is far too much to ask,"

"So what you say? 3 galleons?"

"No thanks. I don't need it anymore." I said, politely, (Which also means rudely) and turned to go to the great hall.

"Told you," I heard George mutter.

"Yeah, 6 is way too much."

I sat by Ginny, who eyed me cautiously.

"How was your day?" She asked. I glared.

"Just peachy." I said it spitefully, as I filled my plate with blue jello.

"Michael and I fought again."

"Good," I muttered. "Maybe y'all should break up."

"Yeah," she sighed. "We have a DA meeting this Friday night." she said quietly.

"Hmm. I'm not going."

"What?" she asked, surprised.

"I hate school. I hate this horrid jello. I hate your two brothers."

"What'd they do this time?" she said, turning to look at me.

"They sold Thelma a fainting fancy for three sickles, and tried to sell me one for six! Would you believe that? All because of her figure!"

"You don't know that!" she said, smoothing her skirt.

"Yes I do. They told me so themselves!" I said.

"Well, forget them. Just get Lee to sell them to you! The boy Thinks your some sort of...of...-"

"Goddess?" Jace said, sitting down and ruffling my hair.

"Yeah!" she agreed."Now go talk to Matthew, ok?" she said, nodding towards the retreating figure at the great hall doors.

I sighed and straightened my hair and skirt before going to run after him.

"Matthew!" I called, running to catch up with him.

"Uh, hey," he said, giving me a half smile, to which I returned.

"Um, can I copy your notes for history of magic?" I asked, blushing a little.

"Sure. I was just going to the library. I have my things there."

"Ok," I smiled, and walked with him to the library.

"Thanks for letting me copy your notes," I said, smiling.

I was staring at his short dark brown hair that spiked up at the front. He was only about 3 inches taller than me. (And to get one thing straight, I'm 5 feet tall.)

"It's no big deal. Someones gotta take notes, right?"

"Yeah," I said, slinging my bag over my shoulder.

He stood and we started walking towards our respected common rooms.

"Bye Katie. You will be in divination tomorrow, right? I do enjoy your side comments." he said.

I laughed. I only have three classes tomorrow, and I made it a habit to mock professor Trelawny. Not to be rude... Ok, yes, to be rude.

"You'll see. I might ditch, though. I haven't done that in awhile."

"You ditch class?" he laughed, as if this was surprising.

"Even first years ditch! First years!" I said.

"I have never ditched a class. Ever," he added.

"Liar,"

"No, I never lie." he said, putting his hands up in mock defense.

"Oh yeah? Why don't you-" I was going to ask him to skip with me, but some snot (Tara) decided that she wanted to talk to me. She dragged me away from Matthew before I could even say good bye.

"Oh my gosh, Katie. You can't talk to him! That's Cassidy Moore's boyfriend."

Ok, let me explain. Cassidy Moore is one of the prettiest, most popular girls in this year. Her and Tara are friends, I think. Not sure. I don't like Tara.

"They aren't dating yet, so don't tell me what to do. And even if they were dating, I would still talk to him." I said.

"Katie, you don't know anything!" she sighed.

"Whatever. Go snog Hamson."

"His name is victor."

"Yeah, yeah." I said, leaving for the common room.

(A/N) ok, I did upload today! So let me know what you think. I know it's slow, just getting my exposition made. I'll probably upload on Friday.