Wishes of The Fallen

Prologue-

Here I lay on my bed, wide awake wishing. Wishing for the past, wishing to be able to move on, wishing to forget. There are so many things in life that could be different if you changed a few choices, so many chances you should've taken, so many different things that could happen or would have if you didn't screw up, that would make your life completely different. These things never cease to amaze me or cease to cross my mind daily. Just one simple change to what seems like an ordinary choice. These choices can bring a life of regrets or they can bring eternal happiness and sometimes in those choices we lose hope in what we have, so we dream and wish for things we can't have or things we used to have that we don't anymore. Some wish for fame, some wish for fortune. Some things that will only last for the present, that bring joy or sorrow, but what about those who just wish to be truly happy. The kind of happiness you only achieve when falling into the illusion of the past and not the future because to those few, there is no future without the nostalgic need for what used to be theirs, what they used to be able to control and what used to make them feel fearless and free. The future makes those who used to be strong, powerless; and, those who were free, trapped. So here I am at 3am, lying awake wishing for what seems like a lifetime ago. Before I met him, before my world fell between the cracks of just a few choices.