Chapter 8 Heartaches

Start from the beginning

" Oh sure. You in luck because I am in charge of that. Come with me I will show you the documents " we discussed the project.

"By the way in which department do you work? " He asked.

" I am working on this project with my brother " I smiled.

" wait...brother? Do you mean your bosses sister? !" He was shocked.

" Yeah, why you are shocked?"

"Well I should not be telling you this but your brother told everyone that you will be working here and if anyone tries to flirt with you they are fired." I gasped hearing it.

" I didn't know."

" Mia I might get fired, cause I can't stop complimenting you. " I blushed hearing it. "Let's hang out sometimes what you say?"

"Okay " I smiled. " but I gotta go now Leo is expecting this report "

" sure. See you later. " I went to Leo. "Here the files"

" Mia I have a favour to ask you"

" shoot"

" I have an important meeting to attained now and could you go to the Henderson Co. And give the reports, to James? He wanted the documents for his next meeting. "

" sure " I was happy thinking I could see James. I took the files and went out.

"Josh takes me to Henderson's " he nodded.

I reached there within 20 minutes. I told the secretary that he was expecting me and me to his office. I could hear voices from outside. He was not alone. I thought he was in a meeting. I knocked but there was no reply. I push the door and went in.
What I saw that time stabbed my heart like a knife to butter.

He was kissing a redhead in his office. He saw me and shook her off from him.

"Mia it doesn't look the way it seems. Let me explain the baby."

" no need for such an explanation Mr Henderson, it's your personal life. I just came to deliver the documents. If you excuse me please." I put down the files and left his office and headed straight towards the car. I could hear James chasing after me, "Mia stop" my eyes were teary. I control my urge to cry and remained as normal as I could.

I went to the car, " Josh step on it"

" where to Mia? "

"I will tell you later just drive." I don't want to talk to James at the moment.

I drove off. "Mia did something happened? " Josh asked.

"No, I am okay Josh doesn't worry," I said with a small smile.

" but if anything happens you can tell me I will be happy to hear about it" he is so sweet. I dialled Cloè.

" hi, Cloè let hang out today. Come to my house "

" Mia are you okay you don't sound so happy "

" I will tell you later, just come to my place "

I went home for the whole day. I told Leo that I was not feeling well. James had called several times but I didn't pick up. I told everything to Cloè that evening.

"Don't worry baby James is a playboy. There is nothing good caring for him. Let's watch Netflix "

We started watching FRIENDS on our favourite show. I was feeling a lot better now.

James POV

I called Leo asking for the report about the finance of our project. I knew he had a meeting but I said I needed it for my next meeting. My intention was to see Mia. He told me he had a meeting so he will send Mia with the files. Just as I thought. I was smiling to see Mia again. It's like I could never get enough of her.

I looked at my watch. She will be coming here any minute now. The door opened I got up from my chair for greeting her. Then I froze. It's not her. It's that redhead.

" What are you doing here ?" I said with a bitter expression.

" I missed you so I came to see my honey" I was angry.

" it was just a one-time thing now get out my office "

" come on tell me you don't want this?" She exposed her cleavage purposely.

"Get out! I never want to see you again " holding her arm forcefully.

"Ouch be a gentle baby " she smiled at me, I was disgusted seeing her.

I turned to face her, " look I will call the security if you don't go I am expecting someone important to get the hell out of me..." I was going to continue but she pulled my face and kissed me. I looked at the door opened at Mia came in. Her smile disappeared. I shoved her off me and called to Mia.

" Mia it doesn't look the way it seems. Let me explain baby "

I could see her teary eyes. My chest was hurting seeing that.

" no need for such an explanation Mr Henderson, it's your personal life. I just came to deliver the documents. If you excuse please " she called me Mr Henderson, not James I felt hurt. I love the way she pronounce my name from her sweet beautiful rosy lips. she put down the files and went out.

I ran after her." Mia stop" she didn't stop, she got inside her car and went off.

Shit! She must have got the wrong idea. I tried calling her several times but it went straight to voice mail.

How can I make it up to her now? Then it clicked. Idea.

_______________________________________

How do you like the story?

Can anyone guess how will James make up to her?

Keep reading :)

Please vote, comment and follow.
Thank you all for your support.