Chapter 27:Skipping School

(Danny's POV)

"It's been a while since we talked haven't we?" I asked walked to Jayden's side. From afar she looked like she could have a walking buddy.

She looked more sad than the last day of summer. She turns and gives me a weak get warm smile.

"Something wrong?" Her smile disappears and leans on my shoulder.

I looked over the path and see May with another girl. She seemed more closer to her than she to to Jayden. I've see them like this for a while. So I took Jayden's hand and pulled her forward.

I walk in between them and whisper to May, "let's ditch." So I take her hand and force her running forward.

"Wait, I just can't-"

"Too bad. Deal with it." I yell and run faster just to tire them out.

I stop on a bus stop and look over to the two girls. Tired and breathing heavily. Catching their breath back I laugh. May have me a glare but all I did was laugh more. They would always mess around with me, but I'm happy that I messed with them. I used to be part of a track team in middle school, and I'm joining track again in high school. However, the un-athletic chicks look dead. I only laugh more because I thought Jayden would last longer in the run. Turns out she died half way.

"Don't you . . . ever . . do that again." She says out of breath still huffing and puffing.

I felt like skipping school today. My grandparents wouldn't care much, but I know uncle Berry would. But, it's worth hanging out with my friends and get a lecture.

"Hey, it's been a while since we hang out. You wanna skip school?" I ask with my hand on the back of my neck.

"I have a test today . . . but I can do that later." May said with a proud voice at the end of her sentence.

"Oh, bad girls in the house." I say with a scratchy deep voice.

We laugh and start walking away from our school. I didn't care much for the girl I left behind, but I shouldn't anyways. I took out my jacket and put it over my uniform. Sweatpants and slide those on.

~•~•~•~•~

I wait patiently outside a restaurant. The girls are getting us tables and such. May waved me inside and a small seater table was waiting for us.

"How's privet school? I always thought is was bad." Jayden asked while we wait for our food.

I nodded my head. The education system was not that bad. However it wasn't good either. Small school, and with a small physical education classes.

"My names Jenni and what may I get for you today-" the lady asked.

We ordered our drinks and breakfast.

"So . . . was that your girlfriend? The girl I ditched."

May nods her head. She pulls out her phone and I see over 10 missed calls from her. To me she seemed annoying. The fact that she's worried that much got me irritated.

"What about public schools. They seem pretty boring." I say resting my head on my hands leaning forward.

"Better than privet." Jayden says smirking.

~•~•~•~•~•~

We kept talking about who's school better. Debating on why with some pretty stupid reason. That's what I am good at . . . at least.

The food came and we thanked the waiter. While we were eating we were still debating about our school.

I was surprised that we didn't get found out about skipping school.

~•~•~•~•~•~

We couldn't go anywhere big. So we went to the; park, mall, convenience store and walking around. I was to scared to go home becomes of my uncle. They didn't have to worry since they don't have a male figure around the house. Except May.

"You sure you don't want us to some inside?" Jayden asked anxiously.

"Unless I want to humiliate myself by getting beat by my uncle." I say sarcastically.

My uncle never hurt me, much rather be knew just talking to me was painful enough to.

Jayden laughs and takes her leave along side with May. I could have snapped a photo just to make her girl jealous. And that's what I did. I laugh at how cute the photo was, and how wrong it was to take it.

I take deep breath and walk inside. I could already hear the footstep coming down the stairs.

. . .

"Where were you." Uncle Berry asked.

I look down and swallow a lump in my throat.

"I was just-"

"Go to your room . . . I'll talk to you later."

As always he would always act like my dad. I only end up laughing up stairs to my room and my own stupidity. But it was nothing new.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

An:FINISHED! I thought I was going to stop where Berry came in but, I decided not to. And added more.
Next chapter will continue their talk and the troublesome Danny!

So as always, thanks for reading!!!
(・ω・)