Chapter 18:Danny's Wish

(Narrators POV)

Little Danny is sitting on his bed doing his homework. Singing and humming to the songs from the radio. He stopped as his mind was confused on a problem.

He walks downstairs with his homework in hand to the living room.

"Uncle Berry," he says "I needs help."

Berry looks down on the little boy and smiles. And looks over his homework and sees question marks near the numbers. He sets it down on the COFFE table and explains it in the simplest way. Danny began to understand slowly and started one on his own. When he was done, he puts it in his backpack and walks back to Berry. He climbs on the couch and on to Berry's lap.

"Something you need kid?" He asked.

"Why don't mummy talk to mes no mores." He asked as he struggles with his S.

Berry pats his head and Danny looks up.

"Mummy's gone. You'll see her from time to time." He says.

Danny smiles and cuddles next to Berry. Such a small boy was lied to. Berry felt like he couldn't handle the truth no matter how important it was. His father left them and now he has to deal with his mothers death. He couldn't understand that coping with something at the age of five was enough. How much Danny looks up to his Uncle Berry.

Later on the years, Berry brought him in a small gym with a small amount of people. Fascinated was little Danny seeing people sparring for the first time.

"Why are they hurting each other Uncle Berry?" The boy asked.

"There practicing." He claims.

He walks Danny over to a punching bag with a coach already waiting for him. He kneels down to his height and greets him.

"This man Coach.J will teach you how to fight. Don't worry, it won't hurt." Berry explains with a smile.

Stars twinkle in his eyes and he looks at the two men who are sparring. He looks back at the bag and try's to imitate the moves of the men. Already forgetting his reality and focusing on his fantasy.

Berry looks up at Coach.J and calls him over to the corner of the gym.

"Try not to pressure him to much C.J. He's the only child and he's been through hard times in his life. He lost both his parents at a young age and living with his Grandparents." Berry says.

C.J nodded his head and walks over to the boy. He smiles and starts to train with him. Breaking sweats and out of breath, it was worth it all.

~~~

One day he looks out the gym window and sees a group of girls. Hit hard by her blonde dyed beauty. C.J slapped the back of his head with his palm and he winced.

"Focus." He strictly commanded. He looked away but having that memory of the beauty was all he could see.

He scratched the back of his head and tried to focus back on his bag. All he could ever think about was talking to her.

So later on that day he ran back to his Berry and decided to ask for his advice.

~~~

The next day, instead of going inside the gym he waited outside for his princess. Waiting and waiting. And she was no where to be found. He let out a sigh and called Berry to come pick him. Before he was able to look for his contact, sudden hands touched his shoulder and he jumped.

"Sorry, you looked lonely sitting there." She said with new fresh colors in her hair.

He didn't know what to say other than look into her big blue eyes.

"Something wrong. Do I have something on my face." She asked touching her eyes and rubbing them.

He shook his head and swallowed the lump in his throat.

"N-No. I was just . . . Waiting for you . . to come . by." Mumbling and stumbling on his words. Not even audible to hear.

"I like you. Mind if we hand out some more?" She asked tilting her head to one side with a warm smile.

He blushed and turned away. He nodded and stood up. Walking her home and feeling the butterflies in his stomach.

~~~~~~
Saffe snapped her fingers in front of Danny's face. He stopped thinking about the past and looked back at reality.

"You okay. You spaced out there for a second." Oma asked with worry in her eyes.

He smiled again and laughed. He shook his head and looked down. The sorrow was he covering. Rethinking everything and felt like he deserved to much. He look over at Jayden and Oma. How much did they connect with no trouble. He looked over at Saffe and how much she was hiding.

So much he thought about was going to be gone. The pain, the happiness, the excitement and trouble. He smiled at the past memories and thought about his future much more.

"Hey guys . . ." He says. "We should go to schools that are close by Jayden's and Mays. Or we could go to the same school." Looking in the mirror in front of him.

"That would be nice . . ." Saffe says with a warm smile.
~~~~~~

AN:Part of Danny's Past!! And also how Danny became friends with Saffe. There will be many more back story's . So there will be lots of chapters to come!!! Yay!
And also, Thanks for reading!
\(//∇//)\