Her shoulders were slumped in a comfortable bend and the endless curve of her back was teasing while her mahogany skin glowed against the stream of sunlight that shone through the window. He noticed the mirror beside it and his groin tightened.

It gave him the perfect view of the contours of her face in deep concentration. Her long lashes cast shadows on her cheeks when she looked down on her color pallet, and the small pout of her full lips, wholly engrossed into her artwork.

Lyle's eyes audaciously traveled lower, envious of the specs of paint sporadically splattered on her chest, stomach and arms, but his gaze rested on her breasts, hanging in its natural state. He was so enthralled by her calmness and vulnerability. She was in her own world.

At any time, Siani could've looked up and seen him standing there, watching her in all of her glory, but the added thrill of possibly being caught made it harder for him to pull away; and he was in no rush to do so.

Right then, he wanted to walk over and lower himself behind her, wrap his arms around her and take her warm flesh in his hands and kiss her neck slowly, teasingly till she whimpered for more.

He wanted to take her brush and pallet and mix every color on her skin. He wanted to rip off the teasing article of clothing she had on and take her right there on the floor.

He wanted their colors to mix.

"Yani?"

Lyle's heart dropped to his stomach upon hearing Mrs. Esther call for her granddaughter. He discreetly made himself scarce and moseyed downstairs with a stuttering heart and a firm ache between his legs.

***

That following afternoon, Lyle rapped on Siani's front door and she opened it, fully dressed in a pretty navy blue jumpsuit with her hair straightened, flowing past her chest and over her shoulders. He almost hadn't recognized her.

"Hey," He greeted, stepping over the threshold as she made room for him to enter.

"Hey, yourself," Siani said, closing the door behind him. "I know you were here yesterday."

Contrary to his composed posture, Lyle's blood instantly ran cold and his heart jerked uncomfortably in his chest.

He'd been found out and now he was about to feel her wrath. At least he would die a happy man, he thought. But as he looked at her, she didn't seem upset. Not at all. In fact, she was smiling.

"Mrs. Yolanda said you came by." She mentioned and he internally relaxed at her clarification. Thank goodness she expanded on her statement before he told on himself.

"No. I mean, I did." He pinched the tip of his nose, backtracking. "She said that I could come in, but I didn't feel comfortable just waltzing through your front door."

Among other things, he thought.

"It's funny you say that because my grandmother said she heard a man's voice in the hallway. After Yolanda told me you stopped by I thought it might've been you, but she was probably just hearing things." She shrugged and Lyle half-heartedly tittered.

"You want something to drink? Water? Juice?" She turned on her heel.

Lyle took his bottom lip between his teeth, shamelessly watching Siani's backside sway with a teasing sway.

It was already a struggle trying to keep yesterday's view out of his mind, and now seeing her and knowing what was underneath, made it even more difficult.

"Water is fine," He said, clearing his throat and following her into the kitchen. All of a sudden, he was a bit thirsty.

"So, what brought you by? Did I leave something with you the other day?" She asked, pulling the refrigerator door open, retrieving two bottled water.

"Uh, no." He said lamely, rubbing the back of his head. He wasn't sure why he was acting strange. Maybe because his urge to see Siani again was borderline desperate.

"To be honest, I just wanted to see you." He admitted, taking the bottle when she extended it to him.

"What are you going on about?" She raised an inquisitive brow.

He chuckled. "Nothing, I really enjoyed your company and conversation...and I still feel bad about yesterday."

"Look," She sat down her bottle, rounding a lock of hair behind her ear and shifted her weight to lean against the counter on her forearm, facing him. It was a simple motion, but Lyle was rapt by each fluid movement.

"I'm all for sympathy and feeling remorseful, but now I'm starting to get the impression that your motive for being here is out of pity or to clear your conscience, and if that's the case then- "

"No, no. It's not." He cut her off with his face twisted in confusion. "I didn't mean to make you feel that way. That wasn't my intent. Yeah, I still feel like shit, but that's not why I want to be around you."

Siani looked at him for a moment before saying, "Alright, but if you are and I find out, we're gonna fight." She threatened, a hint of a smirk on her lips.

Lyle's brows lifted, amused, and he gave a dimpled smile. "Alright, bet." He said. She playfully rolled her eyes, pushing herself off the counter while grabbing her water in one swift motion.

"Did I come at a bad time? You look like you're about to step out." He asked, attempting to segue while his eyes roamed over her body.

She smiled, oblivious to his ogle. "I am, I have an artist showcase event to attend." She replied, twisting the cap and taking a sip. "But I'll be back around like, five-ish if you want to stop by then and we can hang, or you could just come back another day."

"I could...or I could go with you," He suggested, the corner of his mouth lifted into a light smile.

She smirked. "Lyle, I have a—,"

"Boyfriend, I know." He laughed. "I haven't asked you out. I just want to get better acquainted."

"You're kidding, right?"

"I'm so serious." He leaned against the counter, twisting the cap off his bottle of water. Her eyes followed his movements, staring at him disbelievingly.

"You're into art?"

"I'm a graphic designer, so, it just so happens that I am undoubtedly into art."

"And you want to go?" She asked. Still a bit skeptical.

"Yes," He said before taking a healthy gulp of his water.

Any opportunity presented to be around Siani, Lyle would take it. His interest in her piqued tremendously as of two days ago. That and the crush he had on her.

"Okay, fine, you can come." She relented.

He smiled. "Great."

"Once Mrs. Yolanda arrives we can leave."

"Should I change?" He asked and Siani briefly looked over his outfit which consisted of a blue sweater, denim jeans, and white Adidas. Simple, casual, and clean.

"No, you're decent. I'm going to go finish getting myself together. Make yourself at home." She said over her shoulder, exiting the kitchen and Lyle didn't miss the chance of watching her leave.

Ta-Ku - Hopeful

Comment + Vote + Follow + Share!