I looked at her pointedly.

"You might want to explain that to him," I told her.

"He already knows. You're the one that's interfering," she said.

"I haven't done anything," I defended.

"And you won't either. Because if you do, I will destroy you," she said, glaring daggers at me. And then, in an instant, her expression changed to a pleasant one. With an evil smirk, she turned around.

"Six minutes!" she chirped as she bounced out the door. I angrily slammed the door shut and went into the bathroom--frustrated--quickly washing my face and brushing my teeth. I threw my hair up in a messy bun and managed to put a new pair of contacts in without poking my eyes out. Then I changed into a pair of destroyed navy blue jeans, a simple red V-neck, and my black TOMS. I threw on a random brown scarf and grabbed my bag and books, walking out the door swiftly.

                                              ~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're late," were the first words I heard when I stepped into my Calculus class. I groaned as the teacher, Professor Mika, pointed to my seat.

I was not in a good mood. First of all, I hated math and to have the class in the morning was the next worst thing to Hell. Second of all, I didn't get to eat breakfast, so my stomach was shouting at me. And thirdly, the thing that put me in the worst mood of all, my assigned seat was next to Trey.

Kill me now, God. Just kill me now.

"Rough morning?" he asked when I sat next to him.

"If I ignore you, will you eventually stop talking to me?" I asked back, really not in the mood to talk to him at that moment.

"No, I can be pretty persistent when I want to be," he replied, shooting me his dimple-smirk. I rolled my eyes at him. I hated morning people.

"Miss Lucia, although you are our dean's daughter, I will not, under any circumstances, allow tardiness," Professor Mika said, walking up to me to hand me a syllabus.

"Won't happen again, ma'am," I replied, smiling sweetly at her. Being rude to the teachers--as much as I wanted to--was not going to help me get into Berkeley. I had to be a kiss-ass. I made a mental note to observe Abbey.

Soon after, Professor Mika launched into the syllabus, talking about every little thing in great detail. I tuned her out and began drawing doodles on my paper. I drew a crazy spiral design that randomly popped into my mind. It was actually the symbol that my mother had tattooed on her wrist. I had always been fascinated by it, and whenever I asked her what it meant, she just shrugged and said it was a random design. The symbol linked together three images: a sword, a staff, and a tree branch. I admired my creative work of art, when I felt someone nudge me. I looked over at Trey.

"What?" I hissed.

"Nice picture," he said, his face close to mine. I gulped and tried my best not to be distracted by his eyes.

"Stop talking to me. We'll get in trouble," I replied in a hushed whisper. I guess it wasn't hushed enough, though, because Mika decided to call me out again.

"Miss Lucia! There will be no side-chatter tolerated in this classroom!" she squeaked in a shrill voice.

"I'm sorry, professor," I apologized. Then I shot a death glare at Trey who had a cocky grin on his face. I dropped my pen on the floor and when I went to pick it up, I made sure to stab his leg accidentally with my pen. He let out a yelp and glared at me when I resurfaced. I simply smirked at him.

The remainder of class went by excruciatingly slow. I hated first days of classes. The teachers never did anything. All they did was read over the syllabus word for word in slow, monotone voices. If I could, I would put my head down and take a nap. But I couldn't get called out three times in one day. That would make it a strike.

I breathed a sigh of relief when the bell finally sounded. I gathered my books and headed out the door. I had fifteen minutes to get to my next class, which was more than enough time. I decided to take the long way there, to avoid the rush. As I rounded the corner to an almost empty hallway, I felt someone grab onto my bag and pull me back into a dark classroom.

I tried to make out who it was that had pulled me back. Luckily, the light that was filtering in from the windows outside came into the classroom. I groaned loudly when I discovered who it was.

"You know, being desperate for attention is really unattractive in a guy," I said, shifting my bag on my shoulder.

"I'm not desperate," Trey said.

"Really? Because you've been vying for my attention ever since you met me," I replied.

"Why don't you talk like a sensible person?" he retorted, ignoring my little quip.

"I wasn't aware that I wasn't making any sense," I said.

"You're acting like a bitch and I know that you aren't one," he said. I could see the sparkle of his beautiful eyes illuminated by the ray of sunlight.

"You don't know me so there's no way you can possibly know that," I said.

"Oh I can tell. I'm a really good judge of character," he replied. I snorted.

"Right. Like you correctly judged Abbey's character," I said. His expression turned to annoyance.

"There's nothing going on between us," he said.

"Right. You might want to tell her that," I told him. He narrowed his eyes at me.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"I think that's something you should discuss with her. I, on the other hand, have to get to class," I answered. "So as nice as it was talking to you, I need to leave," I said, opening the door.

"Caley, wait--" he began, his hand wrapping around my wrist. I let out a small scream and jumped away. We were both looking at each other, confused, and breathing hard.

The moment our skin made contact, it felt as if some warm electricity had shot through my veins. I felt like I had been electrocuted or struck by lightening, only it was a hundred times more pleasant.

"What the hell--?" Trey muttered, flexing his hand. I looked down at my own skin. It looked normal, but I could still feel an almost buzzing about it. We both looked back at each other, our expressions mirroring confusion.

"I have to go..." I mumbled. Without another glance, I walked out of the room and power-walked to my next class.

That idiot had made me late.

But what the hell just happened?

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Sorry it's a little short. I still have another test tomorrow. And I have a ton of homework to do. I promise I'll get in a longer update over the weekend.

I think the problem right now is that I need to get my juices flowing for this one. I have the middle and end of this story all planned out. I just need to figure out this beginning part. Also, I'm really preoccupied with school and this story requires a lot of creativity. It's kind of why I wanted to write Learning to Fall first, so that I'd have time to think about this one and make it a rocking witch story.

But anyway, more to come later.

You know the drill: Comment and VOTE!!!

XOXO