Life isn't Perfect (New Version)

Start from the beginning

"Therefore, your statement is invalid, because one, I am not in love with him! Two, it was just silly infatuation that disappeared during the summer." I finished. We had arrived at Starbucks yet our other three best friends were nowhere to be seen.

"Thank you walking talking dictionary, since when did you become the love doctor?" She said, shaking her head in disbelief.

A giggle escaped my lips, “Sometime during the end of freshman year."

"Like we'd believe that." A voice from behind me commented; Alice and I both swiveled around to face the person who spoke.

I looked at my other best friend, Sheena. She looked a bit worn out, but fine none the less.

"Hey S, how are you?" I smiled sadly at her.

"I’m alright. I'll live, besides we'll see each other again, maybe not for a long time but I'll see him again." She smiled, but it didn't reach her eyes. She was always like this when talking about her boyfriend.

"How's your dad?" Alice piped up, twirling a lock of brown hair with her finger.

Sheena sighed, “He’s coping."

Alice gave her a sympathetic pat on the shoulder, "Forgiven him yet?"

"Not entirely." She sighed. A lot had happened to Sheena during our freshman year; she's been through so much that I don't even know how she's holding up.

(A/N: if you want to know what happened, read Once upon a time.)

"Hellooooo fellow potatoes!" A figure coming towards us yelled.

"Hello to you too Patricia." I greeted, grinning widely at our other best friend.

"Where's Sherlene?" Sheena asked, whipping around looking for the fifth member of our little group; her blonde hair swinging back and forth.

"She said she'll be late, she told me to go on without her. She just woke up by the time I was nearly here." She slung both her arms around both Alice and I's shoulders, having the advantage of being taller than our 5'2 frame. (Alice and I were the same height.)

She pushed us towards Starbucks, Sheena trailing after us.

We took our usual seats in the corner of the coffee shop. Even though we were half hidden by the shadows, we could see everything, from the door to the counter.

"Look what the cat dragged in." Sheena told me in a fake southern accent; Patricia, Alice and I looked at the door, only to see him and his (soon to be) girlfriend.

Alice made a clicking sound, "He never learns. I mean, Ariel can't see him! I mean he's basically invisible to her. That girl is just too hard to impress, she's turning down a handsome, smart and rich guy, who's been courting her for more than a year." She shook her head.

I kept quiet, noticing the glances my friends gave me. My lips pursed what were they thinking? Correction, what was Sheena thinking of doing?

"Hey Ranier!" My eyes grew wide, Sheena was calling him over.

I watched him turn around and head over to our direction made my heart start to beat faster; my palms started to sweat.

"What's up sheens?" Sheena rolled her eyes at the nickname.

She blew out a huff of air, “Don’t call me sheens."

"Sheens, shine or to shine softly, to glimmer, you should take it as a compliment, basically you stand out unlike other people." He laughed, as if he and Sheena had been best friends forever. I slumped in my seat, bowing my head down in the table.