»13«

I wiped my mouth off on the back of my hand as Sydney started to sit down on the edge of my hospital bed.

"What...the hell...was that?" I panted, staring at Sydney's brother, though I was talking to her. He was standing at the door with a satisfied smirk set on his lips as he cracked his knuckles. Shoot, he was going to kill me.

I heard the door at the end of the hall slam and I knew Alli was gone. And as we all were silent for a couple moments that was all I could think about. Alli.

Why would me kissing Sydney upset her? If anything, she should have made some joke about it. That's what she would have done before...I don't know.

I was the one that liked her...or something like that. She would never lo-I mean like, me the way I liked her. It wasn't possible. She was this strong person while I...well, I was just a lonely idiot with nothing.

"Hey, dipshit. What did I tell you earlier?" The boy's voice snatched me back into reality and I froze as I saw him marching closer to me.

"Umm...uh-"

"Sydney, you should go." He said and I knew just by those words that this guy was definitely going to break something in my body. Or hopefully just my dignity. Yeah, I could work with that.

"Chase, you don't get to tell me what to do anymore. I'm almost 17. Stop treating me like I'm a baby."

"Yeah? Well you're still my baby sister and if dad saw what just happened I can guarantee that he would treat you worse than I am now. So I suggest you stop protesting and go wait in the waiting room."

"Bu-"

"Syd, now!" He bellowed, pointing her out the door. She looked at me one last time before grabbing my hand, giving it a squeeze, getting up and walking out the door.

And now we were alone. Just. Fucking. Wonderful.

"You kissed my sister." Chase said matter-of-factly.

"Whaaaa...no, no I didn't. What are you talking about? Pshhhhh..."

Chase stared at me, the silence resuming, and I could practically hear my grave being dug. Oh, goodbye world. It was nice knowing you.

"I don't kidd, kid. Cut the crap."

"Okay. Okay, okay. I know, I'm sorry. It's just-"

"Just what? You think that just because you're all caught up in a hospital that I'll stop at the chance to pummel you?"

I felt my eyes widen. Like literally widen. They felt like flashlight bulbs.

"Well, that was what I was praying for, if we're both going to be open about our feelings right now." I blurted, and right after nearly punched myself in the face for him. It was like I was trying, literally trying, to make this is all go downhill. Or rather tumble.

Chase groaned and rolled his eyes.

'Great move Braden. Now you're just pissing him off even more.'

"Look, kid. I get it. That girl who ran off...I can tell you like her."

"Really?" I whined, throwing my head back. "Is it that obvious?"

"Terribly." He nodded.

"Honestly?" Damn it. If he knew, then anyone could. Keep in mind, I only met him today and his sister was crazy. She kissed me. Then again, I can't judge because I kissed her back, but it's not my fault I'm an idiot...is it?