Chapter 6 The Date (part 1)

Start from the beginning

" no miss I don't require it " he smiled at me.

" again miss? I gotta give a punishment " I said with an evil smile.

" I am sorry to miss ... I mean Mia. I won't forget anymore." He looked at me.

I took the pen from his pocket and ran away from him. That pen was a present from his dear daughter.

Josh looked young but he a daughter of 8 years old. He was married when he was 15 years old. His wife died giving birth to his daughter. He took care of her when he was only 16 and cause of his condition my brother put him to work. He was my bodyguard when he was 16, I was only 13 at that time. He is a great dad and my close friend. I knew that the pen was precious to him. He was running after me.

"Mia gives me that come on I will never call you to miss anymore, give it back" he shouted.

" catch me if you want it" I was being like a child I knew but sometimes it's good to the fun as a child. I was running and he caught my hand make me trip and fall on the grass. But as I was falling I hold his hand and took him down with me. We were both laughing loudly. " here take your pen" I controlled my laughter.

" you are really like Sophie, Mia " Sophie is his daughter. "Haha now get up your heavy Josh." He was on top of me.

"Hmm him." Someone cleared their throat. I looked up. It was James. He looked angry.

Josh got up from me and helped me get up. I was embarrassed " Hi James you're early?" I said cleaning the grass of myself.

" I will be going now Mia," Josh told me with an uncomfortable smile.

"Okay see you tomorrow," I said smiling. James looked very displeased.

"Get in we are leaving " he ordered. Hmm someone looked angry. I got in the car silently. I broke the silence.

" So where are we going? " He didn't say anything and kept driving. I couldn't keep quiet in this awkward silence. "Why are you angry ?"

" who was he?" Is that why he was angry?

" umm, my bodyguard. Why?"

"Is that is why he was so close to you? guarding your body?" He snapped.

" whoa Geez why are you getting angry about this? Josh takes his duty seriously."

" Yeah, I could see that well" his remark got me angry.

"Excuse me! Don't say bad about him. Josh is a very good man and a father! Don't you dare ever say anything bad about him? He is a good friend. And...." as I was going to continue he spoke.

" wait for father? " He looked at me.

" Yeah. He has a daughter named Sophie. I took away his pen which was a gift from his daughter as a joke. He was chasing after me to take it but we ended up falling on top of each other "

" Oh so that's what happened " he murmured.

" What did you think had happened ? " his expression was back to normal and warm.

"Nothing " he smiled. I knew it was 'nothing.' It was something.

After a 30 minutes drive, we reached a big racecourse.

I gasped getting out of the car. He came close to me," so do you like it?" I was dumbstruck. I couldn't say anything. Car Racing is my favourite. It was a car racing course. He took me to the VIP section and there was a beautiful table placed with delicious food. " Let's have lunch shall we?" I was expressionless.

" I need to know if I am on a date with a deaf or mute?" He made a joked.

"S..sorry...I was just surprised. You know the racecourse is my favourite and here I am again after so many years. I got overwhelmed " I was so happy.

" So I did well? The date?" He asked me smiling. " you did awesome thank you "

We sat down to eat." So Mia tell me a secret of yours and I will tell you mine" he smirked.

" Already eager to know my secrets are we, Mr Henderson? " I added the irony.

"Oh, Miss. Lindcon I have more in mind to know about you other than secrets." I blushed.

" Okay you go first," I said taking a bite from my desert. He started speaking.

Read scarlet snow with a heartwarming romance and love between 5 hot guys and 1 girl harbouring a dangerous power